Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

I'm awful at this game

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
I love ESO. It's all I play. Been playing since first beta but man I suck. My main, mag sorc cp 388 can only do about 16k dps and I can't survive any 1v1 encounter in PvP either. I also have tremendous issues with gold. No matter how much I play, every aspect of this game is difficult for me. I'll never stop playing, just hope I get better soon
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC/NA you can partner up with me and loot bodies. I'll make you a full set of prosperous armor. Sometimes we all need a friend.

20637481.gif

Full disclosure: most of my toons wear a lot of metallic pink
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    look for build in youtube, theres tons of good mag sorc build, also learn the rotation etc, but i suggest those videos are as your base/reference, tweak it as you like to fit your game style
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a full set of prosperous. Doesn't seem to make much difference
    Options
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    If you're on PC/NA you can partner up with me and loot bodies. I'll make you a full set of prosperous armor. Sometimes we all need a friend.

Full disclosure: most of my toons wear a lot of metallic pink

You are really nice!
    Options
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @runagate thanks though. Really appreciate that
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fastest way to improve is to join a guild. Having other players you can chat with every day ask about mechanics and join groups with will really help you.
    If you find you're in a guild which isn't helping you find a second one, look for a PvE/PvP guild which focuses on end game content or PvP but isn't an elite guild, you'll find players with all the elite knowledge and less of the demand.

PvP skill takes some investment in learning mechanics, classes, tricks and such. Watch streamers and videos, join a PvP guild and generally absorb as much information as you can.

Gold is made fastest by being in a trade guild, join a trade guild and start reading up what sells and start selling it, there are a number of posts on these forums where myself and others have listed great ways to farm gold.

As the old saying goes knowledge is power, if you find you're not good at something read and ask questions about it constantly until you improve.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »

Totally kidding about the prosperous, not about hanging out. What Alliance is your sorc? I been trying to drag people to Cyrodiil for the double AP event (omg the AP and skill points rain for new players) and have done each alliance already, probably do at least AD characters today.

PvP people are freakishly irresponsible about teaching people the ins and outs of Cyrodiil. Note that PvP is a pretty terrible way to make gold normally, but with 100k AP/hour without even knowing what's happening around you the chance to get Akaviri motifs this week is pretty good.
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with @Turelus, join a guild, play with people, you will get better together :) You will push each other to improve and help each other along the way.
    If you already do this, then maybe just watch some tip videos and things. Spellweave and Julianos is good for a mag sorc I hear, that will improve you lots, if its all divines :)
    The thing is though, you don't have to be the best player in the game to enjoy it, if you love it so much as you do, then you are doing what is right for you :) If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Time is precious, and if you choose to spend it in this game to have fun, like so many of us do, then that is a good thing!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I also suck at this game, most time I will die 1v1 but there is that small chance I will win out of shear luck
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love ESO. It's all I play. Been playing since first beta but man I suck. My main, mag sorc cp 388 can only do about 16k dps and I can't survive any 1v1 encounter in PvP either. I also have tremendous issues with gold. No matter how much I play, every aspect of this game is difficult for me. I'll never stop playing, just hope I get better soon

Introspective analysis is a good thing. Are you looking for advice or is this just "thinking out loud"?

If you're looking for advice, it might help to know:

1. Your gear
    2. Stats distribution
    3. CP distribution
    4. Which abilities you're using
    5. Your rotation
    6. Your play style
    7. Your goals and gameplay preferences

What do you enjoy doing the most? Are you interested the group content? Do you want to participate in the more challenging content? Are you content with the less stats-intensive content?

Do you want to get into theory-crafting and/or min/maxing?
    Options
  • Skritha
    Skritha

That's preposterous!
    Options
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

Totally kidding about the prosperous, not about hanging out. What Alliance is your sorc? I been trying to drag people to Cyrodiil for the double AP event (omg the AP and skill points rain for new players) and have done each alliance already, probably do at least AD characters today.

PvP people are freakishly irresponsible about teaching people the ins and outs of Cyrodiil. Note that PvP is a pretty terrible way to make gold normally, but with 100k AP/hour without even knowing what's happening around you the chance to get Akaviri motifs this week is pretty good.

My sorc is AD
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That armour bonus is basically worthless, it can help but only in farming gold from NPCs in public dungeons for large amounts of time. The argument is normally that you'll gain more gold/hr by killing faster with better traits than the bonus you'll gain from this.

The best gold making methods are as follows, it requires some work and investment but nets much more gold.
    • Join a trade guild with a guild merchant but no costs to be a member.
    • Learn what sets are hot right now and what they sell for (check capital city guild merchants).
    • Farm every node you run past whilst playing, if you have refining passives refine them and sell gold tempers, if you don't sell the raw stacks of materials.
    • Learn crafting and do daily writs, sell any Master Writs you can't do yourself (these sell for about 1-2k a token with some giving over 100 tokens).
    • Buy any treasure maps under the value of the gold from a chest (112 at C160 IIRC) this is pure profit in gold and additional materials.
    • Do daily quests which grant motifs and sell the motif pages if you don't use them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So many distractions .. things to do, people to slightly injure ..oh look a runestone
    Options
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned to live with my sucking at games problem and just go with the flow. I do what I can do and avoid what I can't. I tend to over level before I even try something because I hate to die. I mean I REALLY hate to die. As an example of my disability I might mention how long it took me to run the stupid foot race to get into the Veiled Heritance on Auridon; as in every single character took multiple tries to manage to squeak in before the timer ran out. I watched others to see how they did it and ran practices before I tried for real. So, ask for help, keep trying, but don't sweat it. It's still just a game.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    Options
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moonscythe

Little off topic but the trick to making that "foot race" a breeze...use your mount. Took me a while to figure that one out ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I also suck at this game, most time I will die 1v1 but there is that small chance I will win out of shear luck

That was me... :p
    Options