Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Chapter 2: Akaviri Invasion

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
According to "A History of Daggerfall" there was an Akaviri Invasion in 1E 2702 in Iliac Bay.
Could this event become present in the Elder Scrolls Online timeline?

"Wayrest has survived blights, droughts, plagues, piracy, invasions, and war with good humor and practicality. In 1E 2702, the entire population of the city was forced to move into the walled estate of the Gardners as protection against the pirates, Akaviri raiders, and Thrassian plague. A less resourceful community would have withered, but the Wayresters have survived to enrich Tamriel generation after generation."
- Wayrest, Jewel of the Bay

There is also reports of Akaviri pirates as early as 1E 800.

"Indeed, the number of people in all areas of the Iliac Bay was halved once in the First Era by the Thrassian Plague, once again by the War of Righteousness, and a third time by the invading Akavari [sic]. If Daggerfall had not spent its first thousand years preparing for the battles of the next thousand years, it is indeed conceivable that the Iliac Bay today might be Akavarian."
- A History of Daggerfall

The Tsaesci could be an awesome introduction to the living world of (ESO's) Tamriel, and obviously either Daggerfall and Wayrest would have to be transformed or there would have to be "unlocked" new landmasses of sort for the invasion to take place in.

What do you guys think?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO takes place in the 2E 580s.

Anyway it would be interesting to introduce the Tsaesci, or more likely, the Kamal ("Snow Demons") remnants that still must be around at our time.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    > Could this event become present in the Elder Scrolls Online timeline?

It already is, in the sense that it's (relatively) recent history during the events of ESO, and various interactions with the Akaviri are mentioned as precursors to several of the things we see in ESO (the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, the form of martial discipline we know as the Dragonknight class, and more). There were a few events in the 1st Era (ESO is set about 500 years into the 2nd era) that could be called "invasions" by the Akaviri, and late in the 1st Era the Akaviri were actually part of the ruling class of the Empire. I wouldn't mind seeing the Tsaesci and Kamal in some fashion, but I'd be wary of anything too earth-shattering like a new invasion, as that could be fairly lore-breaking.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO takes place in the 2E 580s.

Anyway it would be interesting to introduce the Tsaesci, or more likely, the Kamal ("Snow Demons") remnants that still must be around at our time.

Yeah, there even was a Tsaesci emperor at one point, right?
    casparian wrote: »
    I'd be wary of anything too earth-shattering like a new invasion, as that could be fairly lore-breaking.

I agree, having thought more about it. I had my eras mixed up when writing the OP so obviously there would not be a new invasion coming out of nowhere. There must, however, still be Tsaesci present in Tamriel in 2E 500, right?
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Yeah, there even was a Tsaesci emperor at one point, right?

Eh kinda yes kinda no. He was a potentate never actually declaring himself emperor. Though given the fact that the Fighter's Guild was his creation and most Tsaesci in Tamriel were part of that guild, I would like to see some veterans.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Tsaesci potentate was recently assassinated in the ESO timeline which caused the Interregnum - right?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Not recently, it's been a while since then.