Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any suggestions for my Sorc Tank build?

dannymcgeeb14a_ESO
dannymcgeeb14a_ESO
Soul Shriven
Just hit level 15 and I'm loving the playstyle so far! Trying to plan out the rest of my build and could use some assistance. This is primarily for PVE content.

http://eso-skills.com/skill?z=dDB1ZPEa@DQjL+6T%VgmLRc@DJMTr0y&p=036203720392039712131222123212529162918290829262101310221032203220423151316231723182591359235933&a=006400&b=Stalwart_Battlemage&j=t&q=205&w=33&m=6
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind: bound armor requires you slot it on both bars, otherwise when you bar swap it'll deactivate.

Otherwise, looks good! Sorc tanks have a lot to bring to the table, and no doubt you'll change a few more things as you tinker with it.
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    Ok so I've run a stam sorcerer tank for a longtime some things to consider. Not saying you're wrong, just consider.

1. Thief mundus. Higher crit chance means more heals when using crit surge My tank has 64%crit.
    2. Puncture not ransack. Bound armaments already gives you the minor defensive buff, and a healer should be giving you the buff as well any ways.
    3. Overload can be handy for fights that need that extra dps and you don't need to be as tanks.
    4. Shattering prison is basically a sorcerer version of a dk's talons.
    5. Race, consider choosing a race that adds to your resource control.
    6. There are very few fights where you really need a range taunt.

Just a few pointers from a stam sorc point of view of tanking to think about.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
    Redgaurd Stamina Sorcerer Tank-AD
    Dark elf Magic Dragonknight DPS-AD
    Imperial Dragon knight Tank-EP
    Nord Blazing Shield Templar-DC
    GT: Mr Byrdman86
    CP: 600
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't give much advice since I havent done any group dungeons with other people yet with this particular character, been doung normal dungeons by myself because champion points. But I'm working on a sorcered tank. New to the class, figuring things out for myself.

I'm going for a magicka focused tank, and you seem to be going for health. Different playstyles, consider the Clannfear maybe? It's active heal will restore 35% of your max health to you and it. Though it'll cost a lot of magicka and require it to be on both weapon bars. My recommendation though is to swap that dark deal morph. As a tank you'll probably want to be restoring stamina instead to make sure it's enough for blocking, or breaking free if the need arises.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on February 28, 2017 9:27PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Can't give much advice since I havent done any group dungeons with other people yet with this particular character, been doung normal dungeons by myself because champion points. But I'm working on a sorcered tank. New to the class, figuring things out for myself.

I'm going for a magicka focused tank, and you seem to be going for health. Different playstyles, consider the Clannfear maybe? It's active heal will restore 35% of your max health to you and it. Though it'll cost a lot of magicka and require it to be on both weapon bars. My recommendation though is to swap that dark deal morph. As a tank you'll probably want to be restoring stamina instead to make sure it's enough for blocking, or breaking free if the need arises.

There's also frost staff tanking. You can constantly replenish your magicka with Dark Conversion while blocking, and your stamina still regenerates as well.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mivryna wrote: »
    There's also frost staff tanking. You can constantly replenish your magicka with Dark Conversion while blocking, and your stamina still regenerates as well.

I tampered with it, but I don't believe in it as a main choice for tanking. Maybe an offbar, but even then I still prefer doubling 1H&S in it's current state. That's just my opinion though. I'd like for them to make a couple improvements on things that are just vacant at the moment for it to be more compelling.

But sure, the idea in itself could work on a sorcerer with just enough stamina regen.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best suggestion would be make him either a DK or Templar.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Best suggestion would be make him either a DK or Templar.

Do not underestimate sorc tanks. They are strong in both PvP and PvE.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I have a great one, 5 lich 5 warlock/infal use ice staff, slot resto back bar as follows:
    dark deal (for stam to block or roll), healing ward, hardened ward, power surge, boundless storm

surge and storm constantly heals, wards keep you alive through heavy hitters, and infinite sustain with dark deal and armor sets.

front bar whatever u like, prolly ele drain tho.

Edited by darthsithis on March 1, 2017 5:47PM
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    I have a great one, 5 lich 5 warlock/infal use ice staff, slot resto back bar as follows:
    dark deal (for stam to block or roll), healing ward, hardened ward, power surge, boundless storm

surge and storm constantly heals, wards keep you alive through heavy hitters, and infinite sustain with dark deal and armor sets.

front bar whatever u like, prolly ele drain tho.

Like the concept of proc magicka recovery for tank, but dark deal? Literally you'd only be using stamina for roll dodge since blocking with an ice staff uses magicka and as a tank their are very few mechanics where the tank roll dodges, unless your idea is more pvp directed.
    Also if you have a decent healer in a dungeon consider using harness magicka for a shield to control resources over healing ward.

Just a thought.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
    Redgaurd Stamina Sorcerer Tank-AD
    Dark elf Magic Dragonknight DPS-AD
    Imperial Dragon knight Tank-EP
    Nord Blazing Shield Templar-DC
    GT: Mr Byrdman86
    CP: 600
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mivryna wrote: »

Just remember that those abilities are channels, and you cannot block cast them (conversion/deal).
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    byrdmanwes wrote: »

Like the concept of proc magicka recovery for tank, but dark deal? Literally you'd only be using stamina for roll dodge since blocking with an ice staff uses magicka and as a tank their are very few mechanics where the tank roll dodges, unless your idea is more pvp directed.
    Also if you have a decent healer in a dungeon consider using harness magicka for a shield to control resources over healing ward.

Just a thought.

you need a lot of stam to avoid the knockbacks so people dont need to recast aoe's :)

also, some mechanic heavy ones like imperial city prison first boss you NEED to have stam all the time. if you get knocked over and cant cast, things get ugly fast haha
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.