The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Guild Hall - other player rights

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if it's elsewhere just after some clear answers.

We have a small guild want to setup a Guild / Mead hall :) but I want to know all the restrictions in place for visitors.

1. Any differences to visitors if our GM buys it using Crowns or Gold?
2. Can visitors place stuff? Or is that only the owner? And then decorators can move things?
3. If I craft stuff do I have to pass to owner to place?
4. Can you set someone else's home as primary residence?

Any other intel regards using as a big shared equal access hall would be great.
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach

Best Answers

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Any differences to visitors if our GM buys it using Crowns or Gold?
    Nope, no difference. The only thing that makes a difference is the size category of the House (and, when it comes to amount of furnishings, whether the owner is an ESO+ subscriber, since they get double the furnishing cap).

Note that all Classic homes have the same population limit (12), so don't think Hunding's Palatial Hall or Forsaken Stronghold will hold any more people than, say, Sleek Creek, just because they're bigger! If you want to make the most of the pop limit, you need to buy one of the three Notables (which cap at 24).

2 Can visitors place stuff? Or is that only the owner? And then decorators can move things?
    No. The only person who can add or remove anything is the owner, though decorators can move stuff around once placed.

3 If I craft stuff do I have to pass to owner to place?
    Yes, because of the above.

4 Any other intel regards using as a big shared equal access hall would be great.
    To be honest, "equal access" it's pretty one-sided, so make sure the guild hall's owner is someone who you trust and who will not leave the guild (therefore taking all the communal neat stuff with them). Make sure the guild hall owner has the hall set as their primary residence... otherwise, no one else will be able to access it. But if it is, you can access it by selecting their name on the guild roster and picking "go to primary residence," even if they're not online. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 28, 2017 7:01PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Answer ✓
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes as long as you are the owner you can move stuff from one house to another
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @BlackSparrow thats really awesome :) appreciated.

Lastly if I buy a Crown furnished house for myself, can I move those furnishing A) around that home B) out to my other homes and C) move items into this Guild Home? (pretty sure that's unlikely!)

In short I do want furnished as don't have the Gold to burn however I probably want to move half the furnishing out as there is too much of it.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been think of buying another house unfurnished just to keep the stuff I dont want in my furnished house. Then craft the rest
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheers @MoTeets that's just what i'm thinking. As i'm going Crowns for the purchase it seems to make sense to Furnish it from the off, as its just that bit more.

however the fully stacked ones are a bit too much for me.

I appreciate the thrill of the long game, i.e. doing it all myself - however I do that on so many other fronts Furnishing would be a bridge too far just yet. Then I can focus on functional stuff - Crafting stations, Dummy etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking we need to set all the Homes up on Trip Advisor - then get some real reviews and rankings going on HAHA
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild hasnt figured out yet that they can troll me by turning off all the lights lol
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons