The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK PvE build gear advice?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently switched my stamina Dragonknight to a DD from a Tank. Currently I'm running 5 Hundings, 3 Agility, 2 Veli/Kra'gh, 2 NMG Daggers and sharpened bow on back bar. I heard that BiS is 5 TFS, 3VO, 2 Veli/Kra'gh and maelstrom dual wield. I don't have trial gear or maelstrom gear and I was looking to farm it but was looking for gear recommendations. Is my current setup ok? ( I know you are lacking stats, I'm at work and can't take a screen shot but it's roughly 22k health, 32k Stam, 1.3k Stam regen, 3.5k weapon damage, 52% weapon crit. Green gear cp150 for testing, I'm cp430 but didn't want to waste mats on gear if I didn't like it) or should I switch to something else? Is x5 TBS BiS if you don't have TFS?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This build will mainly be used for vet dungeons, normal trials until I get trial gear to tackle VMA for weapons.

Thanks!
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no stam expert, but it is my understanding that you should hold off on using the monster sets until you get the perfect Maelstrom dual wield weapons, which are pretty much a requirement for BIS stam builds.

Personally, I think you are on the right path but might want to try 5x NMG, 4x Hundings, 3x Agility instead. Maybe have an extra piece of Hundings that you can swap out in case you are running with another stam player that has 5x NMG.

I would say to gold out the weapons, as that will boost your DPS significantly, even when you are in a transitional gearing stage.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djyrb wrote: »
    I'm no stam expert, but it is my understanding that you should hold off on using the monster sets until you get the perfect Maelstrom dual wield weapons, which are pretty much a requirement for BIS stam builds.

Personally, I think you are on the right path but might want to try 5x NMG, 4x Hundings, 3x Agility instead. Maybe have an extra piece of Hundings that you can swap out in case you are running with another stam player that has 5x NMG.

I would say to gold out the weapons, as that will boost your DPS significantly, even when you are in a transitional gearing stage.

Yeah I heard many people enjoy that setup. I'll give it a try that among other suggestions. Thank you!

• djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »

Yeah I heard many people enjoy that setup. I'll give it a try that among other suggestions. Thank you!

No problem, best of luck!
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else have suggestions?
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think of dropping 1 piece off hundings (lose 688 crit) and add 1piece Kra'gh (gain 1867 physical penetration)?
    With Crusher enchant on a dagger, sharpened on both daggers, major fracture and NMG proc that's about 14,360 physical penetration. Add one piece Kra'gh and that goes up to 16,277 penetration without cp bonuses. If a tank runs alkosh then that's about 28,267 penetration. Is losing roughly 2%-3% more crit worth the added Physical Penetration or do you think it's just overkill (referring to the 16,277 pen mark)?
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What you have sounds pretty good! :)
    But for more advice that could be useful, I would suggest checking @Alcast 's video on DD Stam DK for PVE, its really helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTgjvKSEaI
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    What you have sounds pretty good! :)
    But for more advice that could be useful, I would suggest checking @Alcast 's video on DD Stam DK for PVE, its really helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTgjvKSEaI

Yeah but he's using endgame gear. I know that's BiS but I'm looking for a setup that I can use to farm VMA and trials for the BiS gear. Haha thank you though
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you think of dropping 1 piece off hundings (lose 688 crit) and add 1piece Kra'gh (gain 1867 physical penetration)?
    With Crusher enchant on a dagger, sharpened on both daggers, major fracture and NMG proc that's about 14,360 physical penetration. Add one piece Kra'gh and that goes up to 16,277 penetration without cp bonuses. If a tank runs alkosh then that's about 28,267 penetration. Is losing roughly 2%-3% more crit worth the added Physical Penetration or do you think it's just overkill (referring to the 16,277 pen mark)?

18-20k is about the max you want.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

18-20k is about the max you want.

Ok thank you!

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 5 Night Mother's Gaze, 2 Kragh, 2 Hundings, and 3 Vicious Ophidian and i can hit about 31k single target. Im still learning my rotation and i think my cp is still screwed up so im sure i can hit higher. everything but hte VO is pretty easy to get too.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Imvoracious
    Imvoracious
    ✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wYb4mACyA

Maybe this set up? Easy to get