The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dodgeroll into furniture!

MasterMustache
MasterMustache
Soul Shriven
Hi Devs ! :D

Yesterday i dodgerolled into a chair, and i was stuck!

I know it is a common problem but it is very annoying in dungeons and delves...

A little screenshot :D

28z31u6cr1lu.png
Hey guys! This is my signature
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you find a way for your character to become "unstuck"? I don't see a chair in the image, just what appears to be a PC in an awkward position. Did the PC remain in that position at the conclusion of the Dodge Roll?

Of all the things that have happened to either of my PCs, I don't recall being "stuck" to any object -- such as plants, rocks, tents, campfires, crates, barrels, etc. -- as a result of using a Dodge Roll. If there is a stone near their foot in that direction, they just "Dodge Roll in place" without moving anywhere. Or if they encounter an obstacle such as a boulder or crate during the Dodge Roll, the roll continues with the character remaining in place against the object. Regardless, they have always ended the "roll" standing on their feet, facing the direction in which the Dodge Roll was attempted or interrupted.

If there is an NPC in the path of the Dodge Roll, the attempt to do that is ordinarily considered as invalid input by the game client/host. There are some armor set procs which might enable the PC to knock the NPC down instead, but I don't have any experience with them.

Edited by Shadowshire on February 28, 2017 5:11AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • MasterMustache
    MasterMustache
    Soul Shriven

Did you find a way for your character to become "unstuck"? I don't see a chair in the image, just what appears to be a PC in an awkward position. Did the PC remain in that position at the conclusion of the Dodge Roll?

Of all the things that have happened to either of my PCs, I don't recall being "stuck" to any object -- such as plants, rocks, tents, campfires, crates, barrels, etc. -- as a result of using a Dodge Roll. If there is a stone near their foot in that direction, they just "Dodge Roll in place" without moving anywhere. Or if they encounter an obstacle such as a boulder or crate during the Dodge Roll, the roll continues with the character remaining in place against the object. Regardless, they have always ended the "roll" standing on their feet, facing the direction in which the Dodge Roll was attempted or interrupted.

If there is an NPC in the path of the Dodge Roll, the attempt to do that is ordinarily considered as invalid input by the game client/host. There are some armor set procs which might enable the PC to knock the NPC down instead, but I don't have any experience with them.

He jumped a lot and ended up in the wierd position :/
    Hey guys! This is my signature
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the same lag bug when you mount/dismount not very smoothly and are still "riding the ground" or "running on the mount".
    Sometimes jumping fixes it, sometimes remounting, sometimes attacking and entering combat stance. Other times all you can do is logout and relog after a bit of a wait to clear your character status data.
    Options