The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Treasure maps...........

RedWarrior72
RedWarrior72
✭✭
Was just wondering, are they ever going to go back the old way treasure maps dropped? Remember when the only drops that occurred in a zone were for that zone and not for a zone a continent away. I know they changed it for the whole 1 Tamriel thing, but we are well into it and I have yet to receive 1 map for the zone I am in as the ones that do drop are always for later zones as far as the quest lines go. I came back after a year and a half off hoping that the game had improved, and it did, but I would like to be able to treasure hunt for the zone I am in and not 20 levels later when I reach the zone for the map that dropped.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the zone I am in and not 20 levels later when I reach the zone

This is not a thing anymore. The mobs in every zone are the same level as the zone you are in. You don't need to wait for 20 levels.

As far as getting to the zone, if you don't have the wayshrined unlocked, ZOS introduced Navigators to get you to other alliances and zones. Look for the Anchor or Conestoga Wagon icons on your local map in the main city for the zones. Note, sometimes you have to click a ships wheel if you don't see an NPC.

To your point, it would be nice if we could get more maps for the zone we are in, for no other reason than it stops us from having to go to another one. But, at least the game does not stop you anymore from getting there.

Edited by Nestor on February 27, 2017 3:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • RedWarrior72
    RedWarrior72
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    for the zone I am in and not 20 levels later when I reach the zone

This is not a thing anymore. The mobs in every zone are the same level as the zone you are in. You don't need to wait for 20 levels.

As far as getting to the zone, if you don't have the wayshrined unlocked, ZOS introduced Navigators to get you to other alliances and zones. Look for the Anchor or Conestoga Wagon icons on your local map in the main city for the zones. Note, sometimes you have to click a ships wheel if you don't see an NPC.

To your point, it would be nice if we could get more maps for the zone we are in, for no other reason than it stops us from having to go to another one. But, at least the game does not stop you anymore from getting there.

Thanks for the heads up on not having the wayshrines unlocked. However, I was stating that I have to wait until I either am done with the quest lines in the zone I am in and move on, or stop questing all together and just go treasure hunting instead. Sorry about not being clear on that.

I have over 40 maps and every one is for another area. In fact since I came back, I have had 1 map drop for a section that I was going to be in, while following the questing line to get to Daggerfall. A map for Betnikh dropped from a chest while in Stros M'kai. I would just like more maps to drop for the zone we are in is all.

Options