The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage and regen

Vanzeii
Vanzeii
✭✭
In cp campaigns you of course have your cps to make up for the lack of damage or regen but in non-cp campaigns you dont. I was wondering what would be a good amount of damage compared to regen for non-cp.
Edited by Vanzeii on February 27, 2017 5:16PM
Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
Characters
jxjx- dunmer dragon knight lvl 50
sexiperson- breton templar lvl 50
vextrax- nord nightblade lvl 29
tehsorc- high elf sorc lvl 50
Trying to get recognized for being the worst PvPer on xbox.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, with a properly rounded build for PvP, 2500 damage and about 1200 regen for your primary stat is sufficient for a heavy armor build. (I play mainly on Azura's Star now, so this is for Non-CP.)
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    In my experience, with a properly rounded build for PvP, 2500 damage and about 1200 regen for your primary stat is sufficient for a heavy armor build. (I play mainly on Azura's Star now, so this is for Non-CP.)
    So it would be heavy armor all the way still in a non cp campaign?
    Edited by Vanzeii on February 27, 2017 6:06PM
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzeii wrote: »

I'm running heavy armour on my templar. Fairly decent and if I don't get spam-poisoned or heavily pressured, I can sustain foreverrrrr.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got guildies that run all medium or light as well and they do just fine. I have preferred heavy armor since launch though.

Crit and Penetration is a good bit lower on Non-CP, so impenetrable/full heavy isn't as necessary, but still helpful if you want to be the last man standing.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got guildies that run all medium or light as well and they do just fine. I have preferred heavy armor since launch though.

Crit and Penetration is a good bit lower on Non-CP, so impenetrable/full heavy isn't as necessary, but still helpful if you want to be the last man standing.

Yeah. I find 2 pieces reinforced on heavy chest + legs to be more beneficial in non-CP than Impen on those 2 pieces.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭

I'm going to be running my sorc so I can escape I was just wondering as I dont want to farm for too much and mostly want to do pvp all day. Since I wasted all my money on worthless sets to have fun and getting all the gear for my dk.
    My setup for my mag sorc is 2 infernal guardian, 5 spinner, 3 willpower and a staff I crafted with sharpened. Its all light armor and all glyphs are magicka and increased spell damage. Would this be decent if I change to increase regen instead of spell damage?
    Edited by Vanzeii on February 27, 2017 6:38PM
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be running my sorc so I can escape I was just wondering as I dont want to farm for too much and mostly want to do pvp all day. Since I wasted all my money on worthless sets to have fun and getting all the gear for my dk.
    My setup for my mag sorc is 2 infernal guardian, 5 spinner, 3 willpower and a staff I crafted with sharpened. Its all light armor and all glyphs are magicka and increased spell damage. Would this be decent if I change to increase regen instead of spell damage?

Honestly, I would try it out a bit and see what you feel like you could use more of.
    My own experience is mostly with tanky/survivable builds so I'm not sure I could be of much help.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorc is in a good spot since they can self regen. If you just switch to max health and magicka regen food or magicka and stamina regen drink you should be fine.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

Im seeing absolutely suprising results using 5 seducer body (heavy chest and medium legs), 3 willpower, 2 infernal guardian and vMSA sharpened inferno staff main bar with precise vMSA resto staff back bar.

2 reduce cost and 1 regen glyph with the witchmother's brew and i am sitting at 2.4K spell damage and 1.8K magicka regen in non CP campaigns during this event.

I have no issues with management unless 3+ are bombarding me, i need to keep an eye on shields + escape/break sight etc.

1v1 against light/medium is just fine, 10K+ spell pen and burst is just as strong. Heavy guys need some work but not that bad.

Very basic setup and suprisingly very effective for my playstle.

I believe the cost reduction + regen is the way to go, since we loose a massive 16% reduce cost from CP, again my opinion.

Im running the same setup on my mDk but 5 seducer and 5 burning spell weave and 2 skoria. Double s&b and using reflect again due to running in 5 light. Still messing around with jewelery enchantments, DK skills are damn expensive, but damage taken seems balanced now without CP, still messing around on the mDK but im suprised how much more...interesting pvp is without CP, performance seems a lot better as well on EU.

I am glad that i am not a vampire, the amount of players taking that extra fire damage is silly. 25% more dmg from fire by default + 10% from engulfing, 35% more dmg from fire is just massive. I also slot purge when in group and taking keeps, bouncing between effecient purge and cleans due to heals or reduce cost, still undecided which morph suites my friends and i better (no i run either alone or with 1 mSorc and 1 mDK max so no templar friends with us).
    Edited by ZoM_Head on February 28, 2017 11:12AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not possible to give a general ratio of Stats, since it all depends on playstyle, skills etc.

As you are a Sorc you should be Stamina based. You should be in 7 heavy and having no more than 1000k regen. Then you should invest everything else into either proc sets, or as much Power (Stam+Wep Dmg.) as possible.

If you are Magicka, i don't have an honest clue at the moment.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ha! My regen was under 600 last night. Heck, my crit resistance was 0.

None of it mattered. No CP is really easy.

If you're having regen issues just heavy attack with your destro or resto staff.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote] If you're having regen issues just heavy attack with your destro or resto staff.[/quote]

Zerg much?

PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    In cp campaigns you of course have your cps to make up for the lack of damage or regen but in non-cp campaigns you dont. I was wondering what would be a good amount of damage compared to regen for non-cp.

Its common knowledge that very high recovery builds have always been very powerful in Non CP campaigns. As an example, my nightblade has 27k max stam, 3.6k recov and 3k wpn dmg in non cp campaigns with 19k max hp.

The only class I would consider running in heavy for non cp would be magic templar, maybe magic DK, but you will struggle for sustain and would be run over by similar builds to mine above as simply wouldnt have the resource management to sustain.

I'm not for a second saying heavy armour doesnt work... during this non cp week seen plenty of people do well in heavy, but as I mentioned above, its pretty much common knowledge high resource management is biggest offense in non cp campaigns, and abilities cost so much in heavy compared to the med/light counter parts that even in heavy seducer etc you will struggle against people with seemingly limitless resource pools.
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »

Its common knowledge that very high recovery builds have always been very powerful in Non CP campaigns. As an example, my nightblade has 27k max stam, 3.6k recov and 3k wpn dmg in non cp campaigns with 19k max hp.

The only class I would consider running in heavy for non cp would be magic templar, maybe magic DK, but you will struggle for sustain and would be run over by similar builds to mine above as simply wouldnt have the resource management to sustain.

I'm not for a second saying heavy armour doesnt work... during this non cp week seen plenty of people do well in heavy, but as I mentioned above, its pretty much common knowledge high resource management is biggest offense in non cp campaigns, and abilities cost so much in heavy compared to the med/light counter parts that even in heavy seducer etc you will struggle against people with seemingly limitless resource pools.

I disagree strongly. Medium armor is joke sustain wise. For one you actually need to build stam regen, because medium armor passives are % based. Then you lose mooncalf CP, that increased that stam regen. Then you lose tumbling and unchained and as medium armor you need to dodge and breakfree a lot, because you cant survive getting damaged.

Ofc most of this affect heavy too, but they get most of the sustain from their passives already and can survive more.

//EDIT:
    Not to confuse this with CP problem. Medium armor cant sustain and cant survive anything in CP campaign too. :|
    Edited by SodanTok on February 28, 2017 4:52PM
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree strongly. Medium armor is joke sustain wise. For one you actually need to build stam regen, because medium armor passives are % based. Then you lose mooncalf CP, that increased that stam regen. Then you lose tumbling and unchained and as medium armor you need to dodge and breakfree a lot, because you cant survive getting damaged.

Ofc most of this affect heavy too, but they get most of the sustain from their passives already and can survive more.

//EDIT:
    Not to confuse this with CP problem. Medium armor cant sustain and cant survive anything in CP campaign too. :|

Back in the day we didn't have any of those CP passives at all...it's all doable, just means you've got to give up something else.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

//EDIT:

Back in the day we didn't have any of those CP passives at all...it's all doable, just means you've got to give up something else.

Thats not the point. Giving up medium armor in favor of heavy armor nets better results than anything else :D
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    If you're having regen issues just heavy attack with your destro or resto staff.[/quote]

Zerg much?

[/quote]

Not as much as you'd think. I actually soloed for about 3 hours last night. About 50% of the time I was soloing resources and the other 50% I got into keep offense or defense so there is really nothing you can do but be part of a Zerg at that point.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

//EDIT:

Back in the day, players were spamming dodge with no penalty too!
    mDKs still need a lot of love!