The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Animations in PvP

d3nbark3r
d3nbark3r
✭✭✭
Animations in PvP real cause of lag. Not CP lol.

Find it amusing that in the post detailing the non cp week that they say something along the lines of "after evaluating azuras star it confirmed what we had thought all along, cp was causing lag in pvp" *holds head in hands*

So why was it only like 2 eso live streams ago you guys were saying "oh it just so happens everyone reached end game level at roughly the same time, gaining their full ability list and with the increase influx of animations it caused server lag"..... I even remember Gina laughing about it as if it was some hilarious joke.

The game has performed worse and worse since day 1 because you guys have constantly felt the need to add new and improved animations with flashing light shows, new abilities like destro ult etc that when casted by multiple people in 1 area causes game to lag and often crash.

And its not just the new snazzy animations they needlessly put in either, remember back in the day when we all run around on horses or simple feline or guar based mounts? Now every other person has a storm atro mount, blue silly looking ghost cat thing or some kind of sparkly mount that added more needless animations.

In 2017 you mean to tell me the game engine doing simple math algorithms based on numbers is causing lag when regardless of cp it still needs to calculate dmg etc anyway? Pfffft okay (y)

Keep trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Azuras never lagged as hard because the population of the campaign is tiny compared to the CP based campaigns, and thats across all formats.

The popular campaigns were always pop locked.... so why is it any different now.... campaigns still pop locked, lag is just as bad if not worse because everyone is zerging in tight knit ball groups, spamming aoes petrified to get caught out by a stam build.... destro ult trains farming AP because you decided double AP was a good idea lol, encouraging people to gather in 1 place with all those animations.

This game is in a horrible place right now, I hear BDO is doing quite well :') 7 day free trail might just get used. And to think... ESO had so much potential, all gone to waste because of micro transactions and mounts are more important than game quality. Shame really.
Edited by d3nbark3r on February 28, 2017 2:21PM
If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is troll bait right, it has to be troll bait...

Just in case it's not and you're not aware.
    Animations and lighting = FPS issues (your end).
    Tracking of locations, skills, abilities, damage etc. = Lag issues (server side).

The lag is caused by your client sending information to the server, the server having to do work, then sending it back to everyone in the area to update their clients as to what's happening.

Edit for better formatting.
    Edited by Turelus on February 28, 2017 2:19PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Tracking of locations, skills, abilities, damage etc. = Lag issues (server side).

The lag is caused by your client sending information to the server, the server having to do work, then sending it back to everyone in the area to update their clients as to what's happening.

I'm insinuating they have no clue what is wrong with the game, what causes issues, and that they are a bunch of amatures that have embedded the bugs so deep into their code that any attempt to fix just make things worse, like trying to put a bandage over a gunshot wound without removing the fragments first. They have no clue what to do so just say what ever they can to hide the fact game is just broken, changing tune from one moment to the next. Fair play on not snatching the bait :p

Edited by d3nbark3r on February 28, 2017 2:29PM
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »

I'm insinuating they have no clue what is wrong with the game, what causes issues, and that they are a bunch of amatures that have embedded the bugs so deep into their code that any attempt to fix just make things worse, like trying to put a bandage over a gunshot wound without removing the fragments first. They have no clue what to do so just say what ever they can to hide the fact game is just broken, changing tune from one moment to the next. Fair play on not snatching the bait :p

To be fair you were close to getting me, I have seen some pretty dumb posts on these forums in the past.

The follow comments are my feelings as I have no proof or evidence of the inner workings of ZOS/Zenimax
    I think the issues for Cyrodiil come from many things, however I do feel they don't have enough experienced developers when it comes to large scale combat.
    CCP have been working on EVE Online for over ten years and they still suffer lag but have been at the forefront of the MMO industry in regards to technology and innovation many times. I feel ZOS has its hand tied by Zenimax Media on too many things which would risk money.
    There comes a point where upgrading the servers would actually help, but it's very costly, as well as investing in hiring experts in the field for large scale combat games.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭

To be fair you were close to getting me, I have seen some pretty dumb posts on these forums in the past.

The follow comments are my feelings as I have no proof or evidence of the inner workings of ZOS/Zenimax
    I think the issues for Cyrodiil come from many things, however I do feel they don't have enough experienced developers when it comes to large scale combat.
    CCP have been working on EVE Online for over ten years and they still suffer lag but have been at the forefront of the MMO industry in regards to technology and innovation many times. I feel ZOS has its hand tied by Zenimax Media on too many things which would risk money.
    There comes a point where upgrading the servers would actually help, but it's very costly, as well as investing in hiring experts in the field for large scale combat games.

That's exactly it, inexperienced devs, most of which ESO was likely the first MMO they have had a hand in helping develop, and company execs that likely only care about lining their pockets not allowinf their noob devs to learn or develop their skills on the job. A flawed game engine already used by previous titles including previous Bethseda titles which has already proven to be a complete flop, I'm sure they removed PvP from HERO completely because of similar issues to what ESO experiences now. As well as the company execs that allocate their devs time developing those latest mounts and crown creates for them to get those big bucks from.

They likely had no intention of longtivety with this title, just getting those base copies off the shelf, meeting and far surpassing their own profit objectives, then to set new cash goals and have the devs frantically rush to put together broken content for that next wave of DLC for them to meet that cash objective before even considering trying to fix what they already have.

This is why ESO:Morrowind is being released as if its a stand alone title, just another method for them to reach and destroy that next cash objective.

As I mentioned in my OP, and possibly the only serious part about my OP, am hearing great things from BDO right now. Seems a lot more polished.

Your typical ZoS dev's working day: (Banter)

Get to work > chat with colleagues > Spend an hour working on an animation > Breakfast. > Chat with colleagues > spend an hour on animations > Lunch > chat with colleagues, spend an hour trying to fix bugs to no success > chat with colleagues > Spend an hour developing mount including animations > browse the internet for cat memes > spend an hour developing a mob including animations for new trail/ dungeon/ help texture landscape for new area > chat with colleagues > go home.

Rinse repeat.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on February 28, 2017 3:06PM
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha. Much like you have no idea how a video game actually functions.

Dunning-Kruger effect in action right here folks.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand , lag is caused by server calculations bottle necking . Combat numbers , heals and individual player data . AOE's have the most impact because its calculated over several players at the same time vs their independent resistances .
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animations in PvP real cause of lag. Not CP lol.

Find it amusing that in the post detailing the non cp week that they say something along the lines of "after evaluating azuras star it confirmed what we had thought all along, cp was causing lag in pvp" *holds head in hands*

So why was it only like 2 eso live streams ago you guys were saying "oh it just so happens everyone reached end game level at roughly the same time, gaining their full ability list and with the increase influx of animations it caused server lag"..... I even remember Gina laughing about it as if it was some hilarious joke.

The game has performed worse and worse since day 1 because you guys have constantly felt the need to add new and improved animations with flashing light shows, new abilities like destro ult etc that when casted by multiple people in 1 area causes game to lag and often crash.

And its not just the new snazzy animations they needlessly put in either, remember back in the day when we all run around on horses or simple feline or guar based mounts? Now every other person has a storm atro mount, blue silly looking ghost cat thing or some kind of sparkly mount that added more needless animations.

In 2017 you mean to tell me the game engine doing simple math algorithms based on numbers is causing lag when regardless of cp it still needs to calculate dmg etc anyway? Pfffft okay (y)

Keep trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Azuras never lagged as hard because the population of the campaign is tiny compared to the CP based campaigns, and thats across all formats.

The popular campaigns were always pop locked.... so why is it any different now.... campaigns still pop locked, lag is just as bad if not worse because everyone is zerging in tight knit ball groups, spamming aoes petrified to get caught out by a stam build.... destro ult trains farming AP because you decided double AP was a good idea lol, encouraging people to gather in 1 place with all those animations.

This game is in a horrible place right now, I hear BDO is doing quite well :') 7 day free trail might just get used. And to think... ESO had so much potential, all gone to waste because of micro transactions and mounts are more important than game quality. Shame really.

Lol BDO pay 2 win. Have fun.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just once I want an OP complaint about this topic to have some knowledge of WTF they are talking about before doing it.

Once?
    Please?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cjthibs you and I on the same level today it seems. Enjoying your posts.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Ha. Thanks. There's just so much "I don't understand, therefore I have THE SOLUTION" going on today. It's maddening...but also wildly entertaining.
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »

Ha. Thanks. There's just so much "I don't understand, therefore I have THE SOLUTION" going on today. It's maddening...but also wildly entertaining.

Being troll baited in effect right here folks.

If you took anything I said in any form of seriousness should probably ask yourself why you use internet forums :p

Am guessing 4chan or reddit isnt a thing where you are from?

If you cannot tell that every other line is riddled with hidden messages and brazen trollery then in all seriousness you are in actual fact the one with lemon on your face. Only way it could have been more apparent would have been if I inserted a potato face after every line.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on February 28, 2017 10:24PM