The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Two Man flexible PVE team build

parkham
parkham
✭✭✭
Do you guys have any suggestions for a two man team that can possibly do some II dungeons and yet have the ability to do solo trials? I really don't know anything about trials except that I've read only DPS can finish them.

Any suggestions would be considered "awesome" Thanks. Right now I'm either tanking or healing for my dps only friend.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
- Divine Crusade Guild
- Greybeards & Gals Guild
- Dead Citizens Guild
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much detail would you like?

Best idea - Magplar for heals and dps (just build for spell damage) complements and is complimented by a stam dk who can taunt (but can be built as a dps).

Most awesome idea - two pet sorcs, both with both pets - let your army do the work! Mag sorcs are really strong at the moment and solo trials (maelstrom?) are more forgiving as your pets distract the mobs.

My favourite - 2 night blades, ideally mag blades. I did this with a friend and we just used to sneak past most the trash fights. We completed cadwells gold together before one tamriel (they are also great for the thieves/assasins dlc). It's basically two dps builds, so they don't compliment each other very well in dungeons, but they work as well in trials as they do together.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on February 20, 2017 11:49PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    Do you guys have any suggestions for a two man team that can possibly do some II dungeons and yet have the ability to do solo trials? I really don't know anything about trials except that I've read only DPS can finish them.

Any suggestions would be considered "awesome" Thanks. Right now I'm either tanking or healing for my dps only friend.

Dungeons no drama sorcs or temps would be fine as the healing is there.

Trials you won't be two man these. Like sure it's POSSIBLE lol, but very silly.

So many people run normal trials daily spamming in craglorn I'd just sit tight and save you the frustration.

However, your question was which two classes for a team - SORC/SORC or SORC/TEMP is probably the most efficient way to do this.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback and advice yall.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you go for normal II dungeons?

When I run dungeons with my GF she usually tanks & heals on a heavy armor magplar with 1h & shield + Resto. Basically keeping all the buffs/ debuffs up, casting a HoT and a burst heal or shards if needed and has some Aoe/DoT running. Of course, it's low DPS on her part but she fills in the support role really well. Do you like me to be more specific?
    And I am usually running a mag/stam hybrid sorc when we do this. -> you see this is more of a two-man fun build than anything excellent for duoing vets. However, for every normal and some vets it's more than enough.

But if you want something more viable for heavy content, you should stay away from the hybrid idea and go full dps.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on February 22, 2017 3:38PM
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    We're wanting to do normal I dungeons to start and see how it goes.

We're still fairly new on the math / build stuff. We don't have high Undaunted - Alliance - Fighters / Mages Guild skills yet either. Our class pool is limited to CP150 - CP 165 characters. Hopefully we'll have more characters to choose from as time goes on.

Currently we have:

Me - cp150:
    - Nord DragonKnight - tanks pretty well
    - Dunmer Sorcerer - still learning how to use that 3rd bar effectively
    - Dunmer Templar - straight up healer

Her - cp165 (wants to be the "DPS"):
    - Dunmer Templar - trying to be the DPS of the two man group

From what I've been reading, solo trials stuff won't even be an option with something like tank or healer. But hopefully we can have a two man team flexible enough to group up with people for the tougher veteran dungeons and do most everything else together without bothering people.

Thanks again you all.
    Edited by parkham on February 22, 2017 4:42PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest taking your Nord tank and her healer/dps and use the team finder to do some random daily and pledge dungeons to get you both to CP 160, as that way you will both get max level gear drops when you start duoing this stuff. There is a much wider variety of builds you can do when you can at least use dropped dungeon gear.

For her, the dps/healer dual role on a Templar is easy with just two of you. Go max magicka, just enough health to survive with glyphs, set bonuses, and a few attribute points. Every Breath of Life heal she casts will heal both of you. I keep that on one bar even on my Templar dps build as an emergency heal, still gives you 9 slots to work with which is plenty. Crafted stuff like Kagrenac's and Julianos are good to start with (even a lot of top end builds include Julianos), with Willpower jewelry, and she can learn dps rotations, which are the trickiest part of doing good dps. Then run dungeons for better gear.

For you, I would consider doing something like the Boom Build (see the Tamrial Foundry Dragonknight Theorycrafting forum) on your DK so you can contribute to dps as well. All purchasable gear except the helm/shoulders, which you can get doing dungeons and pledges. Then when you want to do vet dungeons, which may be hard to duo, you can queue as a tank (you) and healer (her in healer gear/skill layout) and find dps pretty quickly.

If you really want to stick with 2-manning dungeons, consider making your Templar a dps/healer build as well. As per my advice above, you can both be 90% dps/10% healer and still have plenty of healing for 2 in a dungeon. I've soloed some of the normal dungeons on a dps/healer Templar. You could even go fairly exotic and craft some Armor Master gear for your templar and sort of tank, but really, if you learn when to block and are running normal dungeons you don't really care which of you the boss goes after, that person pops a shield and keeps dpsing, the other just dpses.
    Edited by Kozai on February 28, 2017 9:12PM