The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Weapon Traits Stack?

MaddogMurch
MaddogMurch
Soul Shriven
Hi
Currently i am using 2 green sister daggers with the sharpened trait on them and they are poison damage.
Will the 2 sharpened traits stack or would i be better off using 1 sharpened and 1 precise?
also is 2 poisoned ok or should i used two different damage types?

Thanks. :)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Sharpened traits will stack, the poison damage enchant will not. Weapon enchants act kind of like buffs, they have a cooldown and will not stack. So as soon as one of your daggers procs the poison damage enchant, there is a 4 second cooldown during which no more poison weapon enchants can proc. Thus, the other dagger will be prevented from inflicting its poison damage. You are better off using some kind of combination of weapon damage glyph, poison damage glyph, and disease damage glyph (I think disease is popular in PvP because it has chance to reduce afflicted enemy's healing). But never more than one of each glyph on weapons.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify what daggoth said, weapon enchantments and poisons enter a cool down when they proc (4-5 seconds). So during this period, that status effect cannot be reapplied.

When you hit with a dual wield heavy attack, both weapons have a chance of proc. If they're both the same enchantment and they both proc, the second is cancelled because the first started the cool down. However, if it had a different enchantment it could apply a different status effect. Because of this, players often use different enchants to encourage more procs. But it takes a pretty knowledgeable player to proc secondary weapon enchants often, so for many the difference is negligible.

If you use poisons this wouldn't apply since you can't put different poisons on the different weapons.