The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For they cried nerf and let loose the ZoS hammer of fury - fruitlessly

QahnaarinDynar
QahnaarinDynar
✭✭✭
I've noticed something ironic with all the nerf threads. Most of these people just don't seem to get that their nerf calls are actually quite ineffective against serious PvP'ers. The thing that makes the strongest PvP'ers the strongest, (a group which I certainly am not a part of) is the fact that no matter how many times ZoS nerfs stuff, they adapt and wear the injuries dealt to their classes/abilities with pride, and they will still kick your rear into the next century. When mag DK's got hit hard or "broken" a while back, I had friends in Trueflame who were still ruining people's lives with the builds that they stuck with and adapted to compensate for the relevant changes. Sure... it wasn't ideal, and by no means was it meta.

But what makes the strong who they are is the fact that they can overcome, adapt and evolve to these obstacles and continue reveling in the endless pleasure of destroying zergs with wit and strategy. They will always find a way to overcome the limits forced on them by the whiners who can never, EVER stop complaining about every tiny aspect of the game that threatens their particular play style.

That said I'm not saying we should give up on fighting the nerf threads, but it's just a little reminder for the zerglings that L2P issues will never go away no matter how badly you cry nerf. Many of the nerfs in the last patch certainly did hurt a lot of stam builds, but the fact is that a strong player will always look for new ways to get better at what they do. Especially when they run into other players who are stronger than they are!

So please... cry. Cry me an endless river, because those salty tears go well with my fish and chips. Even if ZoS did something completely stupid and permanently removed CP (to exaggerate), I will still try to live up to the spirit of the strongest players and learn to adapt. That said, the fight against you lot will continue until ZoS finally hears the voices of reason. I for example have a friend in the EP who I've dueled over 30 times and I still can't beat him, and that doesn't discourage me at all. Because it just shows that I need to L2P. The guy is amazing, and he keeps getting stronger each time I fight him. Therefore I need to get stronger too, and the time that you guys spend complaining over here is time that I can spend rethinking what I do and developing new strategies.

And to the ZoS'mins who may or may not read this: you don't milk money from your customers by constantly caving into the whims of the average player. The game is interesting because it gets tougher and tougher, and so you give the players you already have another reason to continue playing it and giving you their hard earned money. When the game is easy for everyone and anyone can become unstoppable demigods with no effort, it's only a matter of time before they get bored and quit. Think about your long term gains instead of the short term benefit of appeasing the novice. Not to mention you really make life irritating for the PvE bystanders who absolutely should not be affected by what goes on in PvP.
Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, like when they nerfed Magic sorc to the ground, I still stay on top to where no one can kill me in Cyrodiil by themselves, even an overlord who I kill over and over, unless they have a Zerg, which is 10 times outta 10.

Shields cut in half, I adapted, 6second shield, I adapted. Now we got a little treat with haunting curse and TEARS ARE A FLOWING.
    Edited by LuminaLilly on February 26, 2017 1:42AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am Nerf, hear me roar!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, like when they nerfed Magic sorc to the ground, I still stay on top to where no one can kill me in Cyrodiil by themselves, even an overlord who I kill over and over, unless they have a Zerg, which is 10 times outta 10.

Shields cut in half, I adapted, 6second shield, I adapted. Now we got a little treat with haunting curse and TEARS ARE A FLOWING.

Lmao this is true. People act like we actually got HUGE buffs. Were just about the same as we were after DB in the grand scheme of things

GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Egads, I don't think I've 'haunted' anyone yet purposely. I reapply it every three seconds if at all humanly possible.

Same as last patch.
    Edited by Minalan on February 26, 2017 7:14AM
  • QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭

Yes, exactly. It basically means you're just being forced each time around to work that little extra bit harder than before. I wonder if PvP will hit the point where everybody will just be forced to run around and just hit each other with sticks all day long?

Sorcs will have to throw mudballs that stun you for example. But perhaps I shouldn't be giving ZoS ideas... :open_mouth:
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking. it's your only defense, but holy crap is it stupidly op. Made worse by the fact that People can use bone pirate to negate 30% more damage for shield, and having so much sustain that you can spam shields for days with no worries. Players can get magicka sorc to low health, and all they need is that one shield to save yourself, every, single, time. The only counterplay I know of that actually works, Is bursting through their shields and try to finish them off as quickly as possible. But even then, there are chances the burst will fail and the sorc will press the god mode button to stay alive.

This shouldn't be the case. Shields shouldn't benefit from bone pirate. No one shouldn't have perma shield up 100% of the time without having some serious resource management issues. And I shouldn't have to rely on Insane burst, just to kill a single sorc.

Doesn't matter now, my friends. You can drink your mead and laugh as you kill players all through cryo. But the no Cp event is coming. That sustain you'll have to keep your shield up? It's not gonna happen this time. I look forward seeing Sorc tears as they can't keep shield up anymore.
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on February 27, 2017 5:19AM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerfs only make the disparity between bad players and good players clearer.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    This is now a buff magica sorc thread and sorc players are the best thread.

Most good players play diffrent classes so They can just switch and be good on that class. We average players can try the same but will probably suck for a month then be ok again and then next patch hit us.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say nerf nerfing. As far as shields go yeah, they are a pain. You really need to time your bursts. Really good sorcs will not go down though. Just have to deal with it. You could always go shield breaker or out CP into shattering blows, but personally I don't want to build a build to just the fight one class. That's a waste of time. A good sorc is the only class I have trouble with at the moment if played by a good player.

My one buddy has a sorc build that is no **** like fighting a boss battle lol. As a Stam user (me) there is nothing I can do against him. Endless immobilizes from class skills and ice staff together draining my resources and forcing me to dodge roll. Freaking mortars landing everywhere causing me to roll out of red before they hit and when I'm on him he has mines (though I ambush and block when going in to reduce damage towards me, he streaks away reapplied shields and mines then EoS while I just try to survive while being immobilized and dodging his mortar *** (from his monster set, infernal guardian I think?). Such a bad ass build lol. I don't even want it nerfed it's so beautifully flawless.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class has received nerfs. Every class has received buffs. Not all classes are balanced.

We've been dealing with this issue since launch. We'll continue dealing with this issue until servers are taken offline.

ZoS listens to the average gamers, the forum warriors, far too much. That I'll agree with. Someone gets out played and comes to the forums to complain about it and all of the other casuals join in. My absolute favorite thing ZoS has been doing lately, changing skills to have ZERO counter play. Seems to be the new way they go about giving casuals an "equal playing field".
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people get carried by their class, some people have mastered the classes. With that said, some classes are easier to master than others.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking. it's your only defense, but holy crap is it stupidly op. Made worse by the fact that People can use bone pirate to negate 30% more damage for shield, and having so much sustain that you can spam shields for days with no worries. Players can get magicka sorc to low health, and all they need is that one shield to save yourself, every, single, time. The only counterplay I know of that actually works, Is bursting through their shields and try to finish them off as quickly as possible. But even then, there are chances the burst will fail and the sorc will press the god mode button to stay alive.

This shouldn't be the case. Shields shouldn't benefit from bone pirate. No one shouldn't have perma shield up 100% of the time without having some serious resource management issues. And I shouldn't have to rely on Insane burst, just to kill a single sorc.

Doesn't matter now, my friends. You can drink your mead and laugh as you kill players all through cryo. But the no Cp event is coming. That sustain you'll have to keep your shield up? It's not gonna happen this time. I look forward seeing Sorc tears as they can't keep shield up anymore.

Two words, one set:

Shield breaker.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I love killing these noobs with my watered down version of Jesus beam,more rewarding now, beam is weak but they still suck so it all balances out.
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    They cry "Nerf sorc", we got over 5 nerfs. then wonder why I can still put em face down in the ground
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing the same Magplar since launch. Through buffs and nerfs it's the same character with just a tweek or two here and there every patch. Some stretches have been tougher than others but I'm way better now than I ever was because I stuck with it.

Last night they took all of my CP and left me with ... gasp ... 0 crit resist and my top recovery under 600. It didn't matter. I was still frying people left and right, and was still as tanky as I needed to be.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's a very 1v1 view. and also a bit one-sided.. I mean look at Templars.. you can get them to low health and all they need is one heal to save themselves.. It even takes them out of execute range (which shields don't).

The big thing though - is that shields do not scale well at all. you get incoming attacks from 5 players at once - your shield is down and youre dead. On classes that rely on doge for defence - they all miss. Or blocking - They are mostly mitigated - and can then be healed back..
    The 1v1 counterplay is to fight the sorc's stamina. Strong, recastable shields come from a massive investment in max magica and magicka regen - usually at the expense of stamina(and health). You can't recast a shield while cc'd - and typically sorcs last seconds with shields down.

And yeah - I'm having sustain issues in no-cp - but ain't gonna change my build for just one week.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they adapt

BwZUnVHIcAAW05K.jpg

100% adapt-- yup very true, and not everyone is capable of adapting!

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

I may be new to Sorc, but LuminaLilly knows the drill. You deserve that curse buff my good sire. Keep on makin' them mad. Cause they ain't ever gonna learn lol.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 28, 2017 3:58PM