Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double AP event, this is what it is..

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Not that its surprising or anything, but Haderus has no pvp, AD is taking the keeps, scrolls, see almost no dc or ep, except at bleakers, there is so many there that AD cant even try to take it. Every dc and ep on the camp is farming that *** like crazy^^ Good job devs, you know what you are doing, *thumbsup*

pvp_atm.png

PC EU
PvP only
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    PC US doesn't seem to have this keep flipping at all. I checked all the campaigns. Why would EU be so different from US?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC US doesn't seem to have this keep flipping at all. I checked all the campaigns. Why would EU be so different from US?

Theres been 2 guilds doing this since outpost gave 6k ap, now they started a trend and the majority of dc and ep seems to enjoy it ^^

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The path of least resistance.

The end of this event will see a lot of players with AP stores to last a while as well as SP/Dye/Achievements/Titles which would normally take months of dedicated gameplay.

There are a lot of good reasons to take advantage of the system, it's not really the players faults for being smart enough to do it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The path of least resistance.

The end of this event will see a lot of players with AP stores to last a while as well as SP/Dye/Achievements/Titles which would normally take months of dedicated gameplay.

There are a lot of good reasons to take advantage of the system, it's not really the players faults for being lame enough to do it.

Agree wholeheartedly, its not the players fault, but I fixed your post just a smidge:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea i just came from there and it's ridiculous. EP and DC are basicly pop locked, while AD is on 1 bar, but still controls most of the map since entire EP and DC are at Bleakers. Worst of all they are all higly ranked players and streamers, very shameful.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can call them lame if they like, they're still going to have all the SP/Titles/Furnishings/Dye's etc. and never have to worry about their AP/h again. They can just PvP for the joy of PvP without worrying about their efficiency and happy in the knowledge they're lameness won again.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger playerbase means more lazy and bad players, simple.
    Edited by themdogesbite on February 28, 2017 12:07PM
    :]
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that I take part or am an avid ap farmer, I solo forever and always so I'm still low rank. but I have never liked the massive grind for ap or rank, its regularly talked about as the worst grind in ESO for a bunch of stuff that's nice to have (skill points, dyes, titles) but the grind is so ridiculous that most don't bother.

and if the only reason you pvp is for said dye/titles and not because you enjoy it then that's kinda dumb in the first place.

more power to people that can get through this massive grind faster, I don't care, its terrible.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I was an EU player, I would be ashamed by this.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    if I was an EU player, I would be ashamed by this.
    Are you ashamed by all the horrible things people in your country do? Why should you be ashamed of the actions of others which are out of your control.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys, there was a good point made earlier in this thread: "that there was lag prior to the introduction of CP so why would CP improve server performance"

makes a lot of sense, right?

well lets take is one step further: why was there lag prior to CP? Im wondering how much strain the current way of calculating AP gain is factoring into the server performance. When you look at the break down of how exactly AP is calculated, its pretty in depth:
    The level of the person who died (lower level = less AP)
    How long since the person died (shorter = less AP with full AP value returning after 5 minutes of no deaths)
    The alliance rank of the person being killed (0.5% per alliance rank)
    (25% more AP for killing an AR50 Grand Overlord than an AR1 Volunteer)
    The campaign buffs that you have (small % for home keeps, and more for each enemy keep owned)
    The personal buff that you have (20% for killing a delve boss)

now multiply that by all the people on a server. now tell me this wouldnt affect server performance. Maybe @ZOS_BrianWheeler can take a look at this instead of CP in the next coming weeks
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Not that its surprising or anything, but Haderus has no pvp, AD is taking the keeps, scrolls, see almost no dc or ep, except at bleakers, there is so many there that AD cant even try to take it. Every dc and ep on the camp is farming that *** like crazy^^ Good job devs, you know what you are doing, *thumbsup*

pvp_atm.png

I would like to know how one bar of AD is dominating a locked red and three bars of blue, heck man half the time on TF even when AD has the bigger bar of population they are losing their butts lucky to get 10 AD to show up for a keep defense. LOL
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pvp_atm.png

I would like to know how one bar of AD is dominating a locked red and three bars of blue, heck man half the time on TF even when AD has the bigger bar of population they are losing their butts lucky to get 10 AD to show up for a keep defense. LOL

Mm tought it was apparent. DC and EP are trading flags at bleaker, all of them. AD with their meager 1 bar is taking the map.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only 2x AP. Not sure why people are in such a frenzy over it. What would normally take you 2 weeks to get will take you 1 week to get.

It's not like they will be banking a years worth of AP this week compared to next week.

Oh and OP, this is exactly what ZoS wanted; massive fights with lots of players in small areas spamming stuff as much as possible. On PC NA, TF was pop-locked almost all day for all factions. So....yah good job devs.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    It's only 2x AP. Not sure why people are in such a frenzy over it. What would normally take you 2 weeks to get will take you 1 week to get.

It's not like they will be banking a years worth of AP this week compared to next week.

Oh and OP, this is exactly what ZoS wanted; massive fights with lots of players in small areas spamming stuff as much as possible. On PC NA, TF was pop-locked almost all day for all factions. So....yah good job devs.

It's not the double AP, it's the double AP on the already insane AP gains.

Outpost flipping gives what the best PvP groups can make in a night of PvP but less unpredictable and for longer periods.

Normal PvP at 150k AP/h requires enemies and the skill to defeat said enemies, groups could do this maybe for four or five hours.
    Outpost trading to match requires 12 players (six on each side) who can kill NPC's only, groups do this for ten or more hours.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best thing coming out from this ap farming trend is that we learned that ZOS doesn't take the EU servers into account when they pull out stats.

Might explain why they said the average cp level was 70 back when they introduced the cap.

They also probably heavily rely on their play experience when coming up with balance changes, and seeing as the NA meta is usually different than the EU one, we get balance changes that f*** us up even more in Europe.

Just seeing that some people pull off light armor mana dk in NA is enough info.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    The best thing coming out from this ap farming trend is that we learned that ZOS doesn't take the EU servers into account when they pull out stats.

Might explain why they said the average cp level was 70 back when they introduced the cap.

They also probably heavily rely on their play experience when coming up with balance changes, and seeing as the NA meta is usually different than the EU one, we get balance changes that f*** us up even more in Europe.

Just seeing that some people pull off light armor mana dk in NA is enough info.

Agreed. If it is true that they're not looking at EU sever information then it's very worrying about how they handle the game.

Worse is it would also mean that cheating/exploiting would be far more viable on the EU servers as they're not seeing the stats.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of this week is to stress test. The whole server stacking on Bleakers would be just about the best stress test they could hope for.

Mission Accomplished?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is there such concentration at bleakers anyway? why not nickel or sejanus?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

DC and EP are the main groups doing it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only groups doing it, on bleaker. There has been a few AD swaps at sejanus, yes, but compared to dc/ep trading it bleaker, almost nonexistant.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total opposite on PS4 Scourge NA yesterday.
    All factions were actually running the map taking keeps and resources.
    Since my guild normally just take objectives this was great for us, even managed to snag Emp for our alliance.
    For once we didn't fret at the enemy taking back a keep as that was just a chance to go take it again.
    I won't say there weren't some probably flipping something in agreement somewhere but for the most part I had the most fun in PvP since the early days on PC and for once getting rewarded for it.

Go figure console would have less exploiters. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 28, 2017 3:54PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only groups doing it, on bleaker. There has been a few AD swaps at sejanus, yes, but compared to dc/ep trading it bleaker, almost nonexistant.

AD / EP farmed Sejanus the other night when I was getting my info to post, however it wasn't as popular.

I believe I compared their inefficient attempts to farm to the GURPS roleplay system (as all the cool kids make RP jokes talking about this).
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total opposite on PS4 Scourge NA yesterday.
    All factions were actually running the map taking keeps and resources.
    Since my guild normally just take objectives this was great for us, even managed to snag Emp for our alliance.
    For once we didn't fret at the enemy taking back a keep as that was just a chance to go take it again.
    I won't say there weren't some probably flipping something in agreement somewhere but for the most part I had the most fun in PvP since the early days on PC and for once getting rewarded for it.

Go figure console would have less exploiters. lmao

Pretty much the same on TF PC NA - plenty of keep and resource flipping but by all factions all across the map. This sounds like it's a cultural issue with a large group of leaders / guilds in EU server.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    The whole point of this week is to stress test. The whole server stacking on Bleakers would be just about the best stress test they could hope for.

Mission Accomplished?

If only... It is 10 red and 10 blue flip flags after each other, while 100500 red and blue players sitting afk inside or at outskirts for AP. Only perfomance tests that can be done there is by killing several npc guards to flip outpost or if local "AP policy" deciding to stop it. Tho, my perfomance didn't increased even a bit. :/
    If shortly: Mission Failed.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 28, 2017 6:17PM
  • guar_slayer
    guar_slayer
    Soul Shriven

AD / EP farmed Sejanus the other night when I was getting my info to post, however it wasn't as popular.

I believe I compared their inefficient attempts to farm to the GURPS roleplay system (as all the cool kids make RP jokes talking about this).

AD and EP are less organised and keep getting wiped that much more. The farm at Bleakers and Nikel however is some first-rate RP if I have seen any.