Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Playing steam account without steam installed

rhymer
rhymer
✭✭
Hello! I have 2 PCs, with Steam installed on one of them. I've got 2 accounts (my and my wife's actually). One account was purchased in Steam, the other is from the site. So, there are 2 different installations of ESO (Steam and usual). Can I launch the game and play from steam account without installing steam, just launching it from the ordinary launcher?

Best Answers

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Steam account needs to be played through Steam.

It does NOT. You can launch from the .exe with no issues - I bought ESO through steam and I do it all the time.
    Answer ✓
  • rhymer
    rhymer
    ✭✭
    Actually, I bought one of those game copies through steam but never linked it with steam account (in-game). Now I launch it from non-steam launcher. Will I still have an opportunity to launch it the same way if I link it with steam in-game?
    Answer ✓
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    Remag_Div wrote: »

It does NOT. You can launch from the .exe with no issues - I bought ESO through steam and I do it all the time.

Really?

I would think if you launch from the .exe it would automatically open up Steam in the background.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to find the .exe and see if this works tonight. I'd rather avoid using Steam if I can.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up through Steam, but when I try to run the .exe stand-alone it forces me to go through the steam client.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar