The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can one counter this ?

Tommy_The_Gun
Tommy_The_Gun
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So.. I saw what is happening in PvP right now and I am speechless. Seems that it all narrows to one - true - easy to use strategy - run in 10 - 20 people group and spam destro-ult and sap essence, or some other aoe attack. In the open you can just avoid such group by simply running away right ? The problem starts in narrow places, during sieges, such as broken walls, and inside keeps.
You are not able to dodge this attack.
You are not able to block this attack.
Not to mention that the self heal is incredibly high - so even some flaming oils are not enough to counter this.

So I have a simple question - is there any way to counter this ?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's zerging in pvp? When the frell did that start?? For years we've had small group totally zergless pvp, and now you're saying that people are running in annoying large groups while mashing buttons, jabbering like idiots and feeling like they're great players just because they managed to get ten mediocre characters together?? Say it ain't so!

/s. I mean, obviously.

They've never figured out how to break up zergs in pvp...maybe they never will. One issue is that a good break-up mechanism can be co-opted by a Zerg to make them even more annoying. The destro ultimate was supposed to discourage zerging with a powerful AOE onslaught. But then if five people in a Zerg equip and use it at once, they're fifty times worse.

I'm not sure there are any obvious solutions...at least not any that don't require massive programming changes. They could attempt to spread players out across the entire map by breaking a faction's territories into zones where AP/battle spirit/something is buffed/debuffed owing to number of players in that zone. Like there's a wait list to defend a specific keep, and you get double AP for staying. I don't know...the fact that the map allows 1200 players but everyone crams into one area is annoying, breaking the game and boring.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Encase is really effective at stopping zerg balls in their tracks. Typically I watch for their tank, and whenever he/she moves up to begin baiting people into an ult bomb, I call it out and tell everyone to prepare for the push. When the push begins, spam Encase. It will keep all the Proxy Dets away from you. If they drops ults, then Negate. Keep them Encased, and they will go down. I've seen the top zergball guilds go down to such a simple tactic time and time again.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 27, 2017 8:48PM