Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Spider Cultist Set for Mag Sorc? Also a couple PvP Questions

Sky_WK
Sky_WK
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

So I came across quite a few great pieces of the Spider Cultist set while farming for my Kra'gh helm for my stam sorc. I also came away with all the jewelry, multiple divines armor, and a sharpened Spider Cultist Inferno staff, since I have yet to find a sharpened Moondancer or Burning Spellweave staff, is this set viable? Maybe with a 5 piece (armor) BSW and 1 piece monster while I farm for those other staves? I'd like to put it to good use.

As far as PvP, is there a set that complements Spinners well? Im farming the Lich but I'm planning on doing alot of PvP this week so I'm wondering what an easily obtainable other PvP set is (I don't like Clever Alchemist) maybe Julianos? Also, 5 Impen with chest and legs Infused sound good? Maybe even 3 pieces Infused since crit doesn't affect shields?
Edited by ZOS_Exile on October 5, 2022 2:13PM
i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also worth mentioning probably that I can do 4 or even 5 piece moondancer with 2 divines armor and 3 jewelry
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    I would think plain old arcane willpower would be better for PvP than Infall or Moondancer - though I honestly dont pvp much.

SC set is more of a PvE set due to it's buff to Elemental Blockade/ Unstable Wall. AoE's like that have only limited use in PvP.

Basically Spider cultist will buff your Force Pulse, Pulsar, and Wall ... that's about it. You could plug your PvE rotation into a target dummy with SC and see how it does. For PvP you can find better.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Problem with spider cultist is that it only buffs your shock damage abilities that actually benefit from spell damage. Pets and Shields don't benefit from them. With the new pet sorcs on the rise that does not benefit the sorc too much. In a full lightning damage build: yes please! Everything else: meh.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    I would think plain old arcane willpower would be better for PvP than Infall or Moondancer - though I honestly dont pvp much.

SC set is more of a PvE set due to it's buff to Elemental Blockade/ Unstable Wall. AoE's like that have only limited use in PvP.

Basically Spider cultist will buff your Force Pulse, Pulsar, and Wall ... that's about it. You could plug your PvE rotation into a target dummy with SC and see how it does. For PvP you can find better.

Don´t get me wrong but Spider cultist is more pvp than pve.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without CP it is very important to invest in your sustain. Go for lich or warlock on support bar.

Spider cultist is not that bad actually, buff to your only spammable that is now not reflectable and destro staff ult is benefiting from SC, but overall there are much better sets.

BSW will outperform SC in PvP even Julianos is better.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback guys I see your point about the Lighting only buff, maybe I'll just hold on to the pieces for when Zeni nerfs burning spellweave. So, regarding PvP I wouldn't plan on using SC or BSW or Moondancer of course, but I do want to use Spinner's as it reminds of a mag version of my favorite set, Spriggan's, I was wondering what is another 5 piece that is relatively easy to obtain that can work well with Spinner's? I am farming Shroud of the Lich since most PvP BiS I hear is Lich/Spinner's but that could take awhile, I was looking at something for the mean time.

Yes was not planning on using SC in PvP sorry for the wording guys, I lumped 2 questions in to one post since i dont post much.
    Edited by Sky_WK on February 27, 2017 8:30PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys I see your point about the Lighting only buff, maybe I'll just hold on to the pieces for when Zeni nerfs burning spellweave. So, regarding PvP I wouldn't plan on using SC or BSW or Moondancer of course, but I do want to use Spinner's as it reminds of a mag version of my favorite set, Spriggan's, I was wondering what is another 5 piece that is relatively easy to obtain that can work well with Spinner's? I am farming Shroud of the Lich since most PvP BiS I hear is Lich/Spinner's but that could take awhile, I was looking at something for the mean time.

Yes was not planning on using SC in PvP sorry for the wording guys, I lumped 2 questions in to one post since i dont post much.

Implying that ZOS will nerf BSW....no need to do it tbh
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Sky_WK wrote: »

Implying that ZOS will nerf BSW....no need to do it tbh

I heard they were gunna, maybe I heard wrong lol
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Problem with spider cultist is that it only buffs your shock damage abilities that actually benefit from spell damage. Pets and Shields don't benefit from them. With the new pet sorcs on the rise that does not benefit the sorc too much. In a full lightning damage build: yes please! Everything else: meh.

i know its old thread but:

no it buffs destro staff not shock lol

u mixed it up with Netch's Touch Set
  • ZOS_Exile
    ZOS_Exile
    admin
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in February 2017 and the information may no longer be relevant. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.