The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Feedback - No CP in TF Imperial City, effect on boss battles

Totes-Bode
Totes-Bode
✭✭✭
This is not a complaint, just observation and feedback. Fighting bosses in Imperial City with no CP may require a group of 12+ players. Before the no CP event, usually we don't die during an IC boss battle, and can kill a boss with four people. During this event, without CP the boss frequently kills each of us at least twice during the battle. This also has an effect on wearing the set Imperial Physique. During this experiment, we were unable to maintain 10k tel var due to the deaths during the boss battle.
Edited by Totes-Bode on February 27, 2017 7:46PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you lost your stones, but your observation is skewed and somewhat moot:

BWB and Azura's have always had IC without CP, and by no means whatsoever are 12+ players "required" to no-death farm bosses in IC if you play carefully.

Source? I've been farming IC in Azura's ad infinitum to avoid the roaming zergs in TF/Haderus to farm my stones, and I have no problem solo'ing all but 2 boss spawns in the area by my lonesome so long as I do not encounter an enemy zerg while I'm doing it -- hell sometimes a few enemy players jump in and I can still handle it and them without a death. With a handful of experienced players to help me, it just gets even more faceroll to farm IC even in Azura's -- and in the CP campaigns their difficulty is simply a joke even with just a few people who know the ropes.

I suggest you take some time to engage the bosses at 0-1x multiplier in a non-CP campaign and get some deaths under your belt so that you and your group can better learn the mechanics of the individual bosses so you know what you can handle w/o CP and w/o losing too many stones.

-Drakk
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could SOLO some of the bosses in IC with CP and good gear. Now they are group activities again. As much fun as it was to get a ton of TV per boss is this really what they were designed for?
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 27, 2017 7:16PM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

BWB and Azura's have always had IC without CP, and by no means whatsoever are 12+ players "required" to no-death farm bosses in IC if you play carefully.

Source? I've been farming IC in Azura's ad infinitum to avoid the roaming zergs in TF/Haderus to farm my stones, and I have no problem solo'ing all but 2 boss spawns in the area by my lonesome so long as I do not encounter an enemy zerg while I'm doing it -- hell sometimes a few enemy players jump in and I can still handle it and them without a death. With a handful of experienced players to help me, it just gets even more faceroll to farm IC even in Azura's -- and in the CP campaigns their difficulty is simply a joke even with just a few people who know the ropes.

I suggest you take some time to engage the bosses at 0-1x multiplier in a non-CP campaign and get some deaths under your belt so that you and your group can better learn the mechanics of the individual bosses so you know what you can handle w/o CP and w/o losing too many stones.

-Drakk

As stated. It was simply an observation about the change in CP on trueflame. While I appreciate your suggestion, it is somewhat moot. Since I have a rank of Legate I am no stranger to deaths in pvp, but that was thoughtful. I'm hopeful that someone out there can draw appreciation from another player giving them a heads-up on the changes for boss battles with no CP.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on February 27, 2017 7:51PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

-Drakk

It was simply an observation about the change in CP on trueflame.

The point people are making is that this is not a new observation - it already exists as is on Azura's.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    I could SOLO some of the bosses in IC with CP and good gear. Now they are group activities again. As much fun as it was to get a ton of TV per boss is this really what they were designed for?

I completely agree. It shouldn't be a four-man activity. It ought to be more fun now that it takes a lot more awareness of surroundings and involvement of other players.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The point people are making is that this is not a new observation - it already exists as is on Azura's.

Quoted for truth!
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are still bosses soloable without CP, and for all others you only need one other player and they can be done just the same.
    Jo'Khaljor