The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning player question

Mhylton44142
Mhylton44142
✭✭
I haven't played in about a year and a half. I switched from PS4 to XB1 so my toons aren't available to me anymore (I don't think). In a nutshell, I am looking for some advice regarding PvE. I would like to know best race/class combo for soloing the PvE content with the occasional partnering up for dungeon runs. Is it better to do sustained or burst DPS? Better to focus on AOE or single target damage?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean soloing pve content such as quests then any race combo is easy enough
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played in about a year and a half. I switched from PS4 to XB1 so my toons aren't available to me anymore (I don't think). In a nutshell, I am looking for some advice regarding PvE. I would like to know best race/class combo for soloing the PvE content with the occasional partnering up for dungeon runs. Is it better to do sustained or burst DPS? Better to focus on AOE or single target damage?

Whatever looks cool to you. Just don't pick something like Redguard magsorc.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on February 27, 2017 3:11PM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to get a feel for the game before you start to worry about "best builds". Reason, the best is really up to you and how you play the game.

Now, the easiest character to take through the content is a High Elf Magic Templar. Then you will have a healer, which is always in demand. Don't worry, a Mag Templar is also insane DPS if you play it that way and give them a destro staff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have moved this discussion to the Players Helping Players forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Zos has done a lot to make sure all the classes have flexibility and sustainability over the last year and a half. Now, class choice is largely a matter of personal preference.

If you're looking for the ultimate "min/max" experience, a lot of the classic race/class combos are still applicable. High Elf magsorc, Dark Elf dragonknight, etc.

I'd recommend picking what looks cool and balancing that with how much mileage you want to get out of the racial passives. You will get the bulk of your stats from your skill lines, CPs, and gear choices though.

For example, my main is a Breton magblade in 5 light (Law of Julianos)/2 heavy (Ilambris monster set - hey, that is just what the RNG gave me!)/3 willpower set jewelry. Still working on getting those Maelstrom Inferno Staves, though...
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to play solo, Templar is probably the easiest.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands