The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

crafting problem

albatrossj5
Here is a list to better explain the trouble . All my characters made the same armor piece a level 6 rawhide jack . Results a level 50 armor 236; level 40 armor 236 ; level 28 armor 812 ; level 6 armor 1868 . As you can see the lower level characters are doing better than the higher levels . I hope you can help me thanks.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher your level is above the gear the less useful that gear is. For higher level characters invest skills in crafting and make gear at the higher level.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on February 26, 2017 1:39PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I can't answer specifically, I'm sure this is related to scaling that came with One Tamriel. Equipment loses effectiveness as it moves away from character level. Moral is: keep your armor updated.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 26, 2017 2:05PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • albatrossj5
    As a tradesmen as I gained experience and my skill improved I got better at the more simple jobs not worse as the game seems to think . A level 50 champ level 43 or so blacksmith should be able to craft as well or better than a level 6 with only level 4 blacksmith
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tradesmen as I gained experience and my skill improved I got better at the more simple jobs not worse as the game seems to think . A level 50 champ level 43 or so blacksmith should be able to craft as well or better than a level 6 with only level 4 blacksmith

I think you are not understanding how crafting works. The first passive skill allows higher level materials. The higher level materials make higher level armor.

The two characters you described should never used the same armor.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a scaling issue. A level 4 character wearing level 4 armor will essentially be the same as a cp 160 character in cp 160 armor. He's the same level as his armor so it scales the maximum amount. If a level 20 character has level 4 armor, it doesn't scale as well because the armor is too low relative to the character. You're encouraged to wear level appropriate gear as you level up and this is the mechanic that causes that.
  • albatrossj5
    what I am saying a level 50 should be able to craft anything as well as a level 9 can .
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what I am saying a level 50 should be able to craft anything as well as a level 9 can .

And what we've been telling you is that because of the way scaling works, the greater the distance equipment level is from character level the less effective the equipment is. Craft at your character level and you will see a big improvement in equipment stats. That's why your lower level crafter, crafting at or his level is making better equipment than a high level crafter creating stull below his level. Get it?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • albatrossj5
    If that is the way it works I guess I just have to live with it . I think it is not the way it should work .
    Thanks to you all for your input