Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimap with the smallest performance hit?

Zewks
Zewks
✭✭✭
Ive come across a couple minimap addons, but they often suffer from pretty heavy performance issues. Just curious which one people have found to have the smallest CPU usage and performance hit?

Currently Im using the minimap that comes with AUI.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    the votan's one.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votan's. I swapped to it and never looked back. Didn't miss any of the other "features" of other addons, and loved the new ones.
  • mcdonnelldean
    mcdonnelldean
    Soul Shriven
    Note Votan's is actually the ZOS official (but not finished) minimap. This is how it is the fastest. It simply has less additional stuff to do. Note, due to some hackery on ZOS' part to get it working it won't work with GamepadUI :(
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    the votan's one.

@Ayantir

thank you for this, I'd not seen this one. It is much better.
  • Zewks
    Zewks
    ✭✭✭
    my only gripe with Votans is the inability to change the shape. So used to the rectangular minimap from guildwars 2. Votans maintains its square shape only.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zewks wrote: »
    Ive come across a couple minimap addons, but they often suffer from pretty heavy performance issues. Just curious which one people have found to have the smallest CPU usage and performance hit?

Currently Im using the minimap that comes with AUI.

@Zewks

I can confirm that Voltans Map is much, much better. I get hardly any lag associated with the mini map now.