The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to rebalance CP distribution after homestead

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
So with all the nerfs, buffs and cap raising, I noticed a substantial loss in DPS on my stam sorc (only toon I have). I was hitting the 20-25k mark on the Slimecraw DPS test but now on the skeleton I'm sitting at about 17k, 18k if I'm on point. My question now is, where do we put our champ points to at least try to compensate for some of the nerfs, particularly those divided between precise strikes and thaumaturge?

I've seen Alcast raising PS to ~65 and Thaum at ~35 whereas Deltia did the opposite. Both pretty similar builds at the end of day, save these two CP allotments.

I run your typical stam sorc build (5x VO, 5x Spriggan and 2x Veli).

100 Hardy, 100 Elemental Defender,
100 Warlord, 100 Mooncalf
100 Mighty, 100 divided between PS and Thaum.
Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on February 26, 2017 11:37PM

Best Answer

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest loss of DPS doesn't come from the nerf to crit, since we got some CPs back to compensate and - self-buffed (or someone applying only Major Fracture) - the only loss is -2% critical damage on Minor Force, it's mostly the builds with high critical damage in coordinated groups with good Warhorn rotations taking the shaft.

So while modifying your CPs may provide some extra damage with a perfect distribution on the target dummy, you'll have to look elsewhere if you really want to push your numbers.

That being said, the distribution is going to vary based on whether you're a Khajiit, use 1 or 2 daggers, use 7m or a 6/1/0 or 5/1/1 setup (more crit = more points in PS), and also considering that boss fights are but a part of dungeons / trials, and that trash fights still make for at least 50% of the time spent fighting, thus I'd favor PS, since Thaumaturge doesn't increase the damage of Steel Tornado for instance.

When it comes to non-VMA weapons rotation, Just go through all the DoTs then spam rapid strikes until you have to refresh those again: start by buffing up with Hurricane (and Deadly cloak if you use it), Rending Slashes > Rearming trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection, then spam Rapid strikes and refresh Hurricane (and Deadly cloak) as needed until you need to go thru your DoTs again.

As for the test itself...

Do you have someone applying Major Fracture? Are you using the Robust of basic target dummy? Do you run into sustain issues? Do you start the fight with full ultimate? Do you use crafted potions (weapon crit / major brutality)? What abilities do you use (caltrops is a big one - around 3k DPS on its own in a standard test)?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Answer ✓