Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafters get screwed once again!

megasurge93
megasurge93
✭✭✭
Prior to One Tamriel, crafters had some real value! Then came looted sets all across the land, all of which are better than pretty much all crafted sets, making crafters value drop significantly. With the new Homestead release, there was some real hope that crafters might go back up in value, so that all the time, energy & money spent (both in-game gold & real dollars) would be useful once more. Nope! The new crafting will just be another giant time suck, which has limited uses and ultimately will likely diminish in value within the next month or so. When are crafters going to be significant again? For those who like to build, when will we get something that is unique to the hard working crafting enthusiast? Crafted sets should really be some end-game gear, but they are not even close. Vouchers are ridiculous in time to acquire and the cost to use those vouchers are outrageous! Do crafters need to form a union to fight against the tyranny????
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are second fiddle I'm afraid, but it's okay, I got bored of the hit sponge bosses of vet dungeons and I can do all the story stuff on normal, this means crafted stuff works just fine for me. I have no reason to do vet. Also, when the gear cap goes up I can just take a stroll to my villa in old stros makai and remake it all, those using dropped sets, including vma will get to do the rage grind all over again >:)
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, wat?

Other than the current homestead furnishing designs, the main thing that makes me money is crafting.

* I have one guy who routinely asks for crafted sets for his alts/friends(I've had to talk him away from asking for a CP90 legendary set because the idea makes me cry inside).
    * Trait pieces sell like hotcakes.
    * Blue/Purple glyphs sell really well.
    * Gold Prismatic glyphs sell well also.
    * If you know furnishing patterns, you can make bank with Altmer/Khajiit.
    Edited by Jaeysa on February 23, 2017 6:10PM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • megasurge93
    megasurge93
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Uh, wat?

Other than the current homestead furnishing designs, the main thing that makes me money is crafting.

* I have one guy who routinely asks for crafted sets for his alts/friends(I've had to talk him away from asking for a CP90 legendary set because the idea makes me cry inside).

Things used to sell for a lot more though. How much are you selling those things for currently and at what guild trader locale?
    "Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traits: 450 for divines/training/sharpened, 15-20k for nirnhoned. 450 sounds low, but when 15 of them sell per trader per day, it adds up.
    Blue Glyphs: 450g.
    Purple Glyphs: 900g.
    Gold Prismatic Glyphs: 15-17k.

This is all for guild traders. If someone's asking me for set pieces, it depends on which set(You're paying me in gold bars if you want me to go to IC), how many sets, quality, style, et cetera.

No idea about how much I would make if I were making the furniture, I'm basing the fact you can make bank on what other people in my trading guilds are saying. My heartwood is mine. All mine. >:)

Edit: Forgot to mention, Wayrest, Mournhold, Daggerfall.
    Edited by Jaeysa on February 23, 2017 6:31PM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second best Damage sets in PVE are crafted (hundings/Julianos). Perhaps the best tanking set is crafted (Tavas). There is an abundance of highly useful PVP sets (Alchemist, Seducer, Kags, Morkuldin, etc.). There is a great support and solo set for stam (nightmothers). Crafting is certainly not useless. In terms of value, well, I have made more gold this patch (5+ mil in sales and counting) than the last 5 combined. All because of crafting.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 24, 2017 5:37PM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Uh, wat?

Things used to sell for a lot more though. How much are you selling those things for currently and at what guild trader locale?

Some things used to sell for a lot more, now other things sell for a lot more...so be the nature of major patches.
    He's right though, blue/purple glyphs sell well. Traits (specifically nirn) sell quickly, motifs are still selling strong, heartwood, bast, mundane runes...all good sellers atm.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and if you have a main crafter that has all the traits, motifs & achievements...then he/she will be a good earner (master writs). Less than top tier crafters do not get master writs often enough to make it worthwhile.