Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mdk

zuto40
zuto40
✭✭✭✭✭
Too op, please nerf back into the ground
Stamblade- Legate
Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
Magic DK- Corporal
Stam DK- Sergeant
Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t see any of those op dks.

Everyone played their DK for a week after patch and realised they´re still useless.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Everyone played their DK for a week after patch and realised they´re still useless.

MDK is back wooohoooo.

Maybe on NA
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

MDK is back wooohoooo.

Maybe on NA

Qaevir has been saying mDK is back since April of last year, NA DKs are stubborn.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

MDK is back wooohoooo.

Maybe on NA

Qaevir has been saying mDK is back since April of last year, NA DKs are stubborn.

I never left.

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting killed by nothing but magicka sorcs lol. Dat single target burst is brutal.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on February 26, 2017 1:22AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant outheal msorces with my 7k HPS on top of 4k Healthreg anymore. Atleast i wasnt the first one stating the obvious. Hating towards our small guild is bad enough as it aleady is.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting killed by nothing but magicka sorcs lol. Dat single target burst is brutal.

Same here.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nerf magic again right? #BringBackStamSupremacy
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

@IxSTALKERxI @Mojomonkeyman

Hi.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »

Hi.

To be honest, I don`t think you would be able to even touch me. Actually good sorcs on EU are pretty humble.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi.

To be honest, I don`t think you would be able to even touch me. Actually good sorcs on EU are pretty humble.

So i consider you an actually good (stam)sorc.
    But this statement isn´t humble.

Cannot compute :tongue:

I personally think the problem with magica sorcs is currently:

Curse (the two hits always being added together in death recap does not make it better - no you don´t get hit for 12k+ curses - those are both explosions and the deathrecap is terrible).
    Curse being undefendable was always a little cheesy - but balanced simply by the fact of not many sorcs running around and using it effectively.
    Nowadays getting cursed by 3 or 4 sorcs means you´re 100% defensive for the next 12s or you will simply blow up to unavoidable high burst dmg.
    I think the ability needs to be redone. Velocious curse needs to be returned into it´s former 1 explosion state. Daedric prey should be turned into a 12s dot dealing dmg equivalent to the current haunting curse. The double burst on a fire and forget skill is too good.

Pirate skeleton stacking on shields and the ability of stacking harness + hardened on 100% hp.
    Ways of fixing that? Well pirate needs some kind of rework. It´s too good for a defensive set.
    I´m a big fan of harness + hardened not stacking (with a mechanic increasing shieldstrengh for multiple attackers - something like 5% buffed mitigation on shields for every attacker: duration 5s stacks up to 5 times for five diferent attackers).
    Also it could be debateable to create a mechanic that does not allow for more combined shield size than 150% of your hp (pve) and 75% of your hp in cyro (again with a mechanic to let shields scale mildly with number of attackers).

Destro buff (it simply benefits sorcs more than other classes because they´re the only class using destro + resto by classdesign and being survivable in that setup). There are too few magblades around to tell.
    Changing 2h weapons to work as two setpieces would go a long way in making destro destro or destro resto vaible on templar and DK - we would then be able to tell if sorc is truely better with destro staves or if it´s just the setup not being well supported by other classes currently.
    Edited by Derra on February 26, 2017 10:01AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Curse (the two hits always being added together in death recap does not make it better - no you don´t get hit for 12k+ curses - those are both explosions and the deathrecap is terrible).
    Curse being undefendable was always a little cheesy - but balanced simply by the fact of not many sorcs running around and using it effectively.
    Nowadays getting cursed by 3 or 4 sorcs means you´re 100% defensive for the next 12s or you will simply blow up to unavoidable high burst dmg.
    I think the ability needs to be redone. Velocious curse needs to be returned into it´s former 1 explosion state. Daedric prey should be turned into a 12s dot dealing dmg equivalent to the current haunting curse. The double burst on a fire and forget skill is too good.

Pirate skeleton stacking on shields and the ability of stacking harness + hardened on 100% hp.
    Ways of fixing that? Well pirate needs some kind of rework. It´s too good for a defensive set.
    I´m a big fan of harness + hardened not stacking (with a mechanic increasing shieldstrengh for multiple attackers - something like 5% buffed mitigation on shields for every attacker: duration 5s stacks up to 5 times for five diferent attackers).
    Also it could be debateable to create a mechanic that does not allow for more combined shield size than 150% of your hp (pve) and 75% of your hp in cyro (again with a mechanic to let shields scale mildly with number of attackers).

Destro buff (it simply benefits sorcs more than other classes because they´re the only class using destro + resto by classdesign and being survivable in that setup). There are too few magblades around to tell.
    Changing 2h weapons to work as two setpieces would go a long way in making destro destro or destro resto vaible on templar and DK - we would then be able to tell if sorc is truely better with destro staves or if it´s just the setup not being well supported by other classes currently.

Tldr: msorc OP
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Tldr: msorc OP

psst%20nerf%20sorc_zpspvea6rvo.jpg
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on February 27, 2017 3:06AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭

*snip*

*snip*

Regarding Curse:

I agree that it is really strong currently, but I don't think it should be completely redone. It is one of the few remaining characteristic class skills that so many other classes lost. A small nerf in terms of damage might be appropriate, but I'd much rather see other classes getting their strong defensive skills back than stripping the sorcerer of one of it's best tools.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually got rid of vamp because I noticed that I spend half of PvP in burning talons and the other half getting face stomped by Dawnbreaker.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually agree with Derra here.

Once the hype over Coag has passed, people will start being a little more analytical and realize that mDK weaknesses are still prevalent.

Sure, you can stomp some scrubs... but you'll never even touch a well-played mSorc. So yeah, this is a nerf mSorc thread.

PS. Pirate skelly + shields is ridiculous.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I agree Curse didn't need a change, since we keep casting it every 3.5 seconds regardless. I don't know if you consider that "effective use", but when it explodes I put it back on instead of waiting 9 more seconds. They should have thrown 'haunting' on the other morph, that much I agree with.

The 8% Destro staff single target buff was a little high, but the staff was behind every other two handed weapon in the game. They should have just made it the same, I don't think a 5% increase would be out of line. 8% is clearly too much, but a 3% nerf is almost not worth doing. Come on. You get 5% from two swords FFS, why not a staff? Magicka weapons needed to stop sucking so hard compared to stamina counterparts. Period.

Pirate skeleton is way too good, and it probably shouldn't apply to shields. But some other monster sets are broken and I can think of a few. Troll king for one on a stamina build. Malubeth on a healer or tank. fix all of them.

I'm not even going to get into shields, because light armor still offers zero mitigation (PVP Nekkid!). Until penetration and armor are fixed, the discussion is nothing but two people pointlessly ranting at one another. Nobody will change their mind. A single shield solution just be won't work in this game as it is with ridiculous burst damage and stealth mechanics. Shields are even more pathetic in No-CP, that would be unplayable.

PS: MDK is fine, I'm really glad they got some needed buffs - mostly because I hate vampires and that's about half of Cyrodiil. MDK fire damage is FINALLY a good reason not to be one, especially with the fire leap. I love seeing that fire leap and skoria proc melt a group of stage four potatoes. It's beautiful.
    Edited by Minalan on February 27, 2017 3:52PM
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Hi.

I agree Curse didn't need a change, since we keep casting it every 3.5 seconds regardless. I don't know if you consider that "effective use", but when it explodes I put it back on instead of waiting 9 more seconds. They should have thrown 'haunting' on the other morph, that much I agree with.

The 8% Destro staff single target buff was a little high, but the staff was behind every other two handed weapon in the game. They should have just made it the same, I don't think a 5% increase would be out of line. 8% is clearly too much, but a 3% nerf is almost not worth doing. Come on. You get 5% from two swords FFS, why not a staff? Magicka weapons needed to stop sucking so hard compared to stamina counterparts. Period.

Pirate skeleton is way too good, and it probably shouldn't apply to shields. But some other monster sets are broken and I can think of a few. Troll king for one on a stamina build. Malubeth on a healer or tank. fix all of them.

I'm not even going to get into shields, because light armor still offers zero mitigation (PVP Nekkid!). Until penetration and armor are fixed, the discussion is nothing but two people pointlessly ranting at one another. Nobody will change their mind. A single shield solution just be won't work in this game as it is with ridiculous burst damage and stealth mechanics. Shields are even more pathetic in No-CP, that would be unplayable.

PS: MDK is fine, I'm really glad they got some needed buffs - mostly because I hate vampires and that's about half of Cyrodiil. MDK fire damage is FINALLY a good reason not to be one, especially with the fire leap. I love seeing that fire leap and skoria proc melt a group of stage four potatoes. It's beautiful.

Good thing I'm a stage one Potato.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated