Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Morag Tong Gear Converter?

kvlou79
kvlou79
✭✭✭
Ehem. So...can we expect "converters" for ALL motifs soon? And a preview option?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubtful since it's only happened for "special editions" of the game -- i.e. Imperial, Morag Tong.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Wait. So Imperial Edition could change the appearance of set gear to Imperial???
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Imperial edition/upgrade a player can "convert to Imperial" style on most items, yes.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like them to add some sort of high level crafting item you can make (make it difficult and expensive to craft for all I care), that can change the style of an armor piece to a style you know.
    There are a lot of interesting PvE dropped sets that I can't wear because they don't fit with the looks I want for my character.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, even with the Imperial conversion option in the Imperial edition, you couldn't change set gear, only normal dropped gear and things you crafted. Unless it's changed since I last checked (which, admittedly, was right around PC launch).

I had hoped that one of the Master Writ rewards would be some kind of apparatus, perhaps even one we had to craft, that would allow us to change the style of gear. Also, one that would allow us to change traits.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Edition would not allow all Styles to be converted. Has to do with some of the newer styles using a different underlying frame (if I am remembering correctly the dev post from a couple of years ago) not being compatible with the base styles. Of course why the Set Stats could not have been applied to a set of Imperial Armor is beyond me.

Remains to be seen if the Morag Tong is going to be the same way, or if they are going to just migrate the Set Bonuses to a Morag Tong styled armor. Which would be the easy way to do this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RagnarFirehawk
    oh nice another Converter that will be just as poitless as the imperial one... Why insted of Morag Tong Gear Converter they have just done a polymorph outfit :D
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I had hoped that one of the Master Writ rewards would be some kind of apparatus, perhaps even one we had to craft, that would allow us to change the style of gear. Also, one that would allow us to change traits.

This is still a good idea ...

... or it could be for ESO+ members only since it's strictly a cosmetic change.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kvlou79 wrote: »
    Wait. So Imperial Edition could change the appearance of set gear to Imperial???

No just some gear. Annoyingly enough it can not change a lot of set gear. This bonus is pretty worthless as it stands, and I really wish we could convert gear like this.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Imperial Edition would not allow all Styles to be converted. Has to do with some of the newer styles using a different underlying frame (if I am remembering correctly the dev post from a couple of years ago) not being compatible with the base styles. Of course why the Set Stats could not have been applied to a set of Imperial Armor is beyond me.

Remains to be seen if the Morag Tong is going to be the same way, or if they are going to just migrate the Set Bonuses to a Morag Tong styled armor. Which would be the easy way to do this.

I dont know if this true. The new Ravager set that was raised to 160cp, its style was changed from worm cult to ebony. I was able to convert that into imperial style while I couldn't when it was still v14/worm cult style
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if this true. The new Ravager set that was raised to 160cp, its style was changed from worm cult to ebony. I was able to convert that into imperial style while I couldn't when it was still v14/worm cult style

Ebony is a new Motif, we don't know if it was based on one of the original frames or one of the new ones. So, it could be "convertible". Where Worm Cult may have been one of the new frames. I am sure they just came up with an entirely new set in this case, rather then do a conversion on one that existed.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah when I read that I was disappointed because to me is just seems like they have no interest in adding an option to change our drops to a known motif.

At least I'm assuming so since they haven't mentioned otherwise, but they added the above option.

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh nice another Converter that will be just as poitless as the imperial one... Why insted of Morag Tong Gear Converter they have just done a polymorph outfit :D

I'm actually getting some (small) use out of my Imperial converter now as the furnishing recipes use so much Nickel. Converting armor in a style I don't need style items for into Imperial before I deconstruct them has given me a little boost to my Nickel income. It's not much, but since my converter usage before was literally zero, it's something! :D