The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Renaming crafted gear - memory lane is hazy

Spacemonkey
Spacemonkey
✭✭✭✭✭
Quick question to the crafting community,

It may have been pre 1.6 (yes, that long ago), but wasn't there a way to re-name gear you crafted at one point? Or am I just crazy? Its gnawing at me, I really remember (perhaps erroneously) being able to...
I crafted hollowjack pants for a friend and for trolling purposes (and because I thought it was hilarious), I REALLY wanted to call them 'fluffy pants'. Guess they are safe from that .... for now.

Thanks,

Also, shameless advert: selling a 41v Legendary, Orc style woodworking writ :P - msg me in game, @spacem0nkey ; I'd do it but I'm low on cash for the stupid resin, need $$$$
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy I am afraid, ESO has never let you rename gear.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Crazy I am afraid, ESO has never let you rename gear.

I was afraid of that..... I guess the aliens were right...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandella Effect....
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you might be remembering Lord of the Rings Online. You could name crafted items there.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you might be remembering Lord of the Rings Online. You could name crafted items there.

There's honestly a higher chance of it being the TES titles; but I did clearly remember it being in this game so I'll go ahead and attribute it to the Mandela Effect as Lexxypwns pointd out :(
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should let us rename potions. Would make finding the mix you made simpler in that crazy moment of battle when you actually want it!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can name crafted gear by inserting your Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind disc into your computer and selecting "Play".

• Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can name crafted gear by inserting your Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind disc into your computer and selecting "Play".

you sound like that special type of person that resents everything. What on earth does Morrowind have to do with this, you couldn't even craft equipment in Morrowind, just enchant. Then again, I can't remember if there were Trolls in Morrowind, perhaps you'll be barred from the DLC so the rest of the community can profit from it a bit more. (If you have a hard time understanding, I'm calling you a troll ;-) )
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    You could rename gear that you enchanted in skyrim
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you sound like that special type of person that resents everything. What on earth does Morrowind have to do with this, you couldn't even craft equipment in Morrowind, just enchant. Then again, I can't remember if there were Trolls in Morrowind, perhaps you'll be barred from the DLC so the rest of the community can profit from it a bit more. (If you have a hard time understanding, I'm calling you a troll ;-) )

No intent to troll with that comment ... so apologies if it appeared that way. It is the only place in the ES series that I could remember being able to name enchanted gear.

I always liked enchanting regular glass daggers in Morrowind (since finding daedric daggers was especially rare). Usually they were fire enchants ... named "Corona Dagger".

Also, minor correction, Morrowind is an expansion or "chapter" ... not a DLC.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No intent to troll with that comment ... so apologies if it appeared that way. It is the only place in the ES series that I could remember being able to name enchanted gear.

I always liked enchanting regular glass daggers in Morrowind (since finding daedric daggers was especially rare). Usually they were fire enchants ... named "Corona Dagger".

Also, minor correction, Morrowind is an expansion or "chapter" ... not a DLC.

Ah well, that *exact* sentence has been used in a bunch of threads lately to rebuke (and generally negatively respond to people, so it was hard not to feel baited, trolled etc...) - so still unsure abou the original intent but w/e, it isn't really important either.

You're right about the 'Chapter' and not DLC but then again, that's ZOS semantics, in all seriousness by industry standards you can either call it a DLC or an expansion. As far as other games I know quite a few that 'craft' and allow renaming, I just had that surprisingly strong souvenir of doing it in ESO and found out I couldn't, wasn't sure if it had be removed or just never existed, seems the answer is the latter, so thread answered and while we can keep discussing games and custom naming crafted gear, the original post is a dead horse.

Speaking of horses I named my horse Ogopogo, because its awesome, and if I -could- name gear, other than 'fluffy pants', I would name my sword Amalexia, because sooner or later, her soul is going in it. :P (now THAT is a morrowind reference :P )