The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is the RP happening?

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Heya.

I havent seen anything happening anywhere apart from me walking around places..

Is there still RP happening and where does it happen?

Im looking normal openworld RP, not anything on closed circles.
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much the only places where I see RP now, are the inns, specially in Riften and Gold Coast. Once I was involved in a RP in Hircine's shrine where I was asked to help someone with a bite. It was amusing.

Too bad that the people engaging on it are often trolled, mocked or ridiculed by the players around, that's why we rarely see it in open world.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i also been victim of this trolling when im doing my walkabuts. Someone just comes and jumps around me or whatever they come up with. They go pretty fast away if ignored though but sadly thats not the case when 2 or more people are engaged in RP.

I remember at launch when i actually saw a fe bigger groups all around Tamriel doing RP.

I wish we had that separate RP instance that was promised so we could at least be on our own there, even if theres litle of us. Would also be good to have some moderation there, i remember playing LOTRO on Laurelin, the RP was going on very well and with minimal Trolling :)
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I would ask PC, XBox, PS4?
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    PC

Sadly I am more of a PS4 peasant. Yet, you should consider checking out eso-rp.com or rphq.org for finding active role-playing.

Hope that helps.

• Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayhaps i check those sites out though i wish people would just be one the game forums for easier access, why is it necessary to move these things to other places that are harder to find :(
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    Also the Inn in Wayrest, what's its name I can't remember, but there's often people in there roleplaying. :smile:

And sometimes the Rosy Lion, but since homestead it's less often. I guess it's because of the innroom traffic.
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this website/forums OP.

http://www.eso-rp.com/

Might have more information and contacts for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Mayhaps i check those sites out though i wish people would just be one the game forums for easier access, why is it necessary to move these things to other places that are harder to find :(

Normally these player driven sites, such as rphq and eso-rp, are fan driven sites with the purpose of catering to an audience with more options in what content can be published and gathering like kinded individuals in one place. Regarding the latter point made above, it gives one a warm fuzzy feeling when you go to those sites and you kind of feel like you're going to a familiar locale -you know a place where everybody knows your name.
    Edited by jarnkoldur on February 23, 2017 2:45PM
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the Inn in Wayrest, what's its name I can't remember, but there's often people in there roleplaying. :smile:

And sometimes the Rosy Lion, but since homestead it's less often. I guess it's because of the innroom traffic.

I used to spend a lot of time at Rosy lion before the room was added. I dont get why they had to destroy the bar area of Rosy lion for homesteads, i mean the room should have been upstairs where the inn rooms are :(

I need to check those sites out :)
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i also been victim of this trolling when im doing my walkabuts. Someone just comes and jumps around me or whatever they come up with. They go pretty fast away if ignored though but sadly thats not the case when 2 or more people are engaged in RP.

I remember at launch when i actually saw a fe bigger groups all around Tamriel doing RP.

I wish we had that separate RP instance that was promised so we could at least be on our own there, even if theres litle of us. Would also be good to have some moderation there, i remember playing LOTRO on Laurelin, the RP was going on very well and with minimal Trolling :)

I'm not a roleplayer, but I did play on Landroval in LOTRO. Your post brought back alot of memories of the fun, random events I'd come across almost on a daily basis. It was fun as an outsider looking in.

Oh. Can't forget Weatherstock. Good times.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO

I used to spend a lot of time at Rosy lion before the room was added. I dont get why they had to destroy the bar area of Rosy lion for homesteads, i mean the room should have been upstairs where the inn rooms are :(

I need to check those sites out :)

Me too, though it was way before the inn room was added :smile:

I recently started coming at the Silver Moons Inn in Baandari Trading Post in Malabal Tor, I've met a few friends there, so RP'ing is also active there.

So if you're ever around there, you might find Dastan having a drink in the Inn :smile:
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm bicurious as to RP myself. I don't think I have the guts to participate but I love the one or two times (in 3 years) I have come across it. It adds greatly to the world, and I think "good for them". I would plead there be more open world RP.
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I think open world RP is rapidly disappearing. With all the trolling, I can't blame the RP community to only RP in their houses where no one will bother them. If you do want to see some open world RP, RIften is the best place. Also Kvatch on Thursday nights is pretty popular as well.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of RP in Daggerfall and Wayrest - and with the addition of player homesteads, im sure a lot happen there. best to go to sites like ESO RP and finding a guild
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons