Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting candle set

DonBeech
DonBeech
Just got the receipe to crafting a common candle set. Now I must be blind cos it says I need 20!!!! Yes that's right 20 sacks of flour to make a candle set?!?!? What the f****

After looking at some recipes I'm starting to think furniture crafting is designed to clear out ur inventory. Heck I need more hemp to build a diver then I do for an armour.
Edited by DonBeech on February 22, 2017 5:02PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead has been out for over two weeks on PC ... and on PTS for a month before that.

Still find it amusing that players didn't prepare for it ahead of time.
  • DonBeech
    DonBeech
    Again, 20 sacks of flour!! To be honest I'm surprised you don't need about 50 iron ingots. For the candle Stands.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can prepare all that you want, the OP's point still remains, the amount of material needed is clearly set up to greatly limit the ability for the average person to decorate a house via the game. I collect everything that isn't nailed down and I have 120+/- flour in my craft bag. I am willing to guess that there are not enough materials in Tamriel to furnish a house the way the load menu looks. Between the recipies that require 30 nord crafting gems or 6 elegant lining for a cup. Clearly they made the items technically craftable but realistically you will either devote your entire life to farming or become frustrated and either go to the crown store or just simply not care and stop with the housing.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can prepare all that you want, the OP's point still remains, the amount of material needed is clearly set up to greatly limit the ability for the average person to decorate a house via the game. I collect everything that isn't nailed down and I have 120+/- flour in my craft bag. I am willing to guess that there are not enough materials in Tamriel to furnish a house the way the load menu looks. Between the recipies that require 30 nord crafting gems or 6 elegant lining for a cup. Clearly they made the items technically craftable but realistically you will either devote your entire life to farming or become frustrated and either go to the crown store or just simply not care and stop with the housing.

The latter sounds like a good option. I don't care to devote my life to farming and I sure as crap am not going to give more money to our greedy overlords. Housing lacks useful features, so no big loss.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So do people even sell flour in the guild stores?

provisioning mats flow like water in this game. hirelings swamp you. before the run up to homestead when i monetized most of my provisioning to "lets get them down to maybe 500 clicks and thus 2000 of any recipe" i had so many recipes worth of mats that about half the recipes i could make more than a thousand "clicks" (so four thousand meals) and so on.

if the biggest complaint will be having to get flour... awesome.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear that farming flour sacks on various docks is a thing. I buy it on the guild traders when are listed at a decent price. Provisioning writs also drop flour. It can be acquired, but it does take more effort than it used to.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought around 800 sacks before homestead. Will be selling at an obscene profit. You got to look at the writing on the wall and anticipate the changes. Get it right and you will make a ton.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured