The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing Perspective - From someone who was KEEN

Lukums1
Lukums1
✭✭✭✭
Good morning fellow community,

I just want to start off by saying how EXCITED I was for housing, bought a crap ton of crowns for 50% off 40,000 crowns.

Upon logging in I enjoyed looking through my houses to make an accurate decision. This was quite enjoyable.

I started placing my collectibles and mounts in the stable, moving trees and objects to my liking. Again, another enjoyable experience.

Then I looked into the CASH shop for the objects, the only thing that is even a little bit justified is the dummy and even this IMO should of been FREE every other MMO has this as an option...

But moving on from that, why the hell are stations worth $30-$40 real money? Why are statues $8.00-$11.00 AUD? Why are beds worth $5.00?

GRANTED, I'm sure you can do all this with crafting, but this has completely thrown me. Sure... I bought 1 of each item... Sure I used my 40,000 crowns... but this is a sick sick joke for people that want to have a go.... at housing.

The materials and designs ... don't even know where to start, the grind is real to even craft the most basic furnishing. I think a real ball was dropped here, this is def the biggest money grab I've ever seen for something that is not beneficial to anyone in game for any reason.

Again, this is coming from someone who bought ALL furnishing in crowns... but I'm just sickened for the people that just wanted to "enjoy" housing. If you're not rich in game or RICH in RL. You won't be enjoying housing. Not to it's full potential anyway... what a disappointment...

Luke
PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
1600+ vMA runs and counting
Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't mind having the stations priced at an absurd amount. As a player who most likely would farm these stations via. writs I would rather the price of these items stay high just to justify the gold amount that I could sell it at.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    the grind is real to even craft the most basic furnishing.
    I've found it pretty simple to get enough ingredients for all the basic "green"-level furnishings. (It helps when your hirelings give you things like pitch and flour.) I'm having a HUGE issue finding any recipes/blueprints for anything blue or above, though. They must be rare as heck. It's really frustrating not being able to have the fancy Redguard bed I want because I can't find a recipe for it even though I've literally found more than 50 furnishing recipes so far. I've also never found a single recipe for a bookcase. I ended up buying a recipe for a Breton bookcase from a guild trader.

Edited by SydneyGrey on February 23, 2017 6:26AM
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    But moving on from that, why the hell are stations worth $30-$40 real money?

WTF?! Seriously? That's what they're charging for them?

Or rather trying to. I can't imagine many would pay so much for them.
    JWKe wrote: »
    As a player who most likely would farm these stations via. writs I would rather the price of these items stay high just to justify the gold amount that I could sell it at.

I think they go for 35 writs each? The non-attunable ones.

I've got one character with all but one craft maxed (and a fair few styles learned) and several others with 2 or more maxed. I'm averaging fewer than 5 writs a day. So I'm looking at possibly up to 2 months to grind enough writs to earn all the crafting stations.

Not sure I can be bothered with that really and I don't see the point in buying a house until that house is worth having.

It might not be so hard except that for quite a while now, every single alchemy job I get on all of my characters with maxed alchemy wants 3 nirnroot. My supply ran out and I had to stop doing those.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems great to me !
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings are priced that high because of how big the grind is to get mats, not the other way around. Crafting the furnishings is grindy not because they necessarily want to push you to the Crown Store (though I'm sure it doesn't hurt), but because they want furnishing your house to be something that occupies you for a long time.

See, when they were designing the system, they wanted to make Housing a longterm project: specifically, they wanted to make furnishing a longterm project. If furnishings were readily available immediately, most players would spend the first three days setting up their house, say "This looks great, I'm done!", and then never touch their house again.

Instead, they wanted to design a system you come back to over weeks and weeks to make it a little bit better each time. They wanted to give the RPers and cosmetics junkies (guilty :) ) a longterm goal that appealed to them the same way achievements, Emperor, and leaderboards appeal to other players. Something to keep these players logging in every day.

The Crown prices are high because this is meant to take a long time. If you want to fast-track it with the Crown store, that's your prerogative, but the Crown Store items are priced to reflect the amount of time it takes to find that furnishing recipe in-game and then grind up the mats for it. I'll agree some of the prices are pretty ridiculous, but I'm approaching the Crown store furnishings from the mindset of "this is to compliment what I find and craft in the world." So far, the only furnishing I've bought with crowns is an 80 Crown firepit... everything else in my 5 houses had been bought in-game or crafted. It's slower than just buying it all at the start, but when taken this way, you can see what they were going for.

I'll agree that it could have been implemented better. I'm of they opinion they should have released the furnishing mats a month or so ahead of the release of Homestead, to help ease the horrible initial grind. But if you step back and look at the big picture, the system itself is sound.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options