Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The best way to quest

KillahBrew
I find myself bouncing from area quests to the main storyline quests. I feel like I might be missing things. I accidentally initiated quests in far off lands. There are so many to do.
What is the best way through them?
Can I miss things like skill points and useful items?
I am now so far away from other quest sites where I initiated some, and my quest log is getting large.
Edited by KillahBrew on February 17, 2017 7:43PM
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be to complete one zone at a time. You can always abandon a quest if your quest log gets to full from other quest you picked up in other zones. Do not worry it will become available again once you delete it.

This way you wont miss out on any skill points and if you explore each zone enough you can find a lot of the skyshards.

The amount of quest in a zone can be a little overwhelming. Just when you think you have discovered everything and have done every quest up pops a new one.

Good luck and have fun!
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can abandon just about any quest from your log, and pick it up later when you feel like doing it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always clear a map from one end to the other before moving on. I don't worry about running off way over there to finish a quest. I just get to it when I reach that spot on the map.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    KillahBrew wrote: »
    I find myself bouncing from area quests to the main storyline quests. I feel like I might be missing things. I accidentally initiated quests in far off lands. There are so many to do.
    What is the best way through them?
    Can I miss things like skill points and useful items?
    I am now so far away from other quest sites where I initiated some, and my quest log is getting large.

I would just finish them one at a time dependong on your starting zone.
    Edited by Gordon906 on February 17, 2017 11:51PM
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend once you have cleared out a zone that you take a look at your journal for any skyshards that you missed and go find those. No reason to leave skill points on the table.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    I would recommend once you have cleared out a zone that you take a look at your journal for any skyshards that you missed and go find those. No reason to leave skill points on the table.

Get the add ons too
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    What little I know is that a lot of the time, quests are chained. You might go to one area and there are two or three quests you can do there. Once that finishes, you get the opportunity to pick up another quest right no the spot. I say just do that and then when you run out of quests, start exploring the black (unexplored / unfinished) locations on the map in the zone. You'll pick up even more quests along the way.

After that, just explore areas you haven't been to in the zone. That's how I would clear the zone. After that, go to the next zone and keep doing the main story quest as you get called for it.

Hope that helps.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • KillahBrew

I looked at my journal briefly but didn't see definitive shard locales. Do I have to read through and discover hints?
    I know I could use the wiki, but I'm wondering about the journal.
  • KillahBrew
    Everytime I find a black arrow I feel like I have to talk to them.
    But is this the case?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at my journal briefly but didn't see definitive shard locales. Do I have to read through and discover hints?
    I know I could use the wiki, but I'm wondering about the journal.
    Under the Achievements tab of the Journal, look in the Skyshards section. Here you will find hints to their locations. For example, one in Auridon has the hint "Gleaming beacon, ship-guide." This skyshard can be found on top of the North Beacon lighthouse.

But is this the case?
    One that looks like this? 32px-ON-icon-quest-available.png
    That's the new quest indicator, so you'll need to talk to them if you want their quest. If your quest log is piling up though, you can always leave it and come back later.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's your first time playing, it's fun to do all the quests, though it will take quite a long time to get through them all (over 1000). There is no right way to do it, and if it wasn't for the stupid 25 quest journal limit, you would not have an issue. There may be a few quests that reward skill points that are not from guild, alliance, or main quests, but none jump out. If you complete the aforementioned quest lines, you can be assured you will not be missing skill points. It helps to focus on one zone at a time, though even most zones offer more than 25 quests. The key factor I would recommend is, "Are you having fun?" If doing quests just to clear a zone feels like a chore vs randomly finding and finishing quests, maybe it's not for you. If you want to make sure you've done everything, use the map and your Achievements as a guide. Unless an area is inaccessible, you will have a lot of white icons everywhere to show for your questing. In your Journal, under Achievements, check the Exploration and Quest tabs. That should give you a pretty good idea if you are missing quests. Also, the Cadwell section is basically a list of quests that reward skill points.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • KillahBrew
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond.
    I feel like I bought the ps4 pro to play eso. I guess I'm a poet who didn't know it.

I actually was playing blops 3 for a while. Now I have this and I sick to it.in looking forward to my progress.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭

In real life or in the game?