Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can't craft item required in Master Writ

Greath
Greath
After turning in a normal writ i got a master writ but it automatically accepted it once I took it out of the crate and i cant craft the set its asking me to make.

Rubedite Greatsword
Legendary
Sharpened
Tava's Favor
Boomer

I don't know 5 traits for the Greatsword and I don't have sharpened reseated on it.

http://imgur.com/a/bIyEq

Edited by Greath on February 22, 2017 9:03AM
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    Get 5 traits, it doesn't take a week for 5 Traits.
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 traits is nothing, I need an axe in pelinals aptitude which takes 9 traits.
    The axe is one of the last things I need to research, but since I only have sharpened researched so far it will take me 100 days or something....
    Dont really mind it tho, its only worth 6 vouchers.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to choose not to accept it at first and then see if you can craft what it requires. If not you can trade or sell it. They should remove the automatic dialog to avoid accidental quest acceptance.

Also, it is by design that you may get a writ that you are not able to complete.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say I don't understand why it asks you to accept automatically, why doesn't it just put it in my inventory!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we abandon them? Mine asked for. Nirnhoned great sword.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that it should not be immediately coming up with a prompt for you to accept the writ, it should just go into your inventory and only ask you to accept it when you use it.

You can abandon them like any other quest but you will not get a replacement.

I have a 9 trait master crafter and even I couldn't make my second clothing master writ, because it asked for Malacath style - for a grand return of only 6 writ vouchers.

My first, for 5 vouchers, required an alliance motif, which I had, but as these are the first 2 I have received (on PS4), it leads me to think there would be a lot of 'casual' type players out there pretty disillusioned with the master writs.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I abandon it, can I get another bs master writs tomorrow? Can we only have 1 that is active?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    If I abandon it, can I get another bs master writs tomorrow? Can we only have 1 that is active?

You can abandon it, but you will lose that one forever. You can have multiple sealed writs in your inventory and I believe one active for each crafting type.

I recommend you choose Goodbye when it pops-up and then you can view the sealed writ in your inventory. You can see the requirements and reward. If you cannot craft it, you can trade or sell it. I got a woodworking writ once that I could not craft due to research and motif requirements that was worth I think around 50 or 60 vouchers. I sold it on PC NA server for 200,000g! I probably under priced it too. I am not sure if prices have stabilized yet but I only had about 250,000g at the time so it was a nice boost.

So far that was the only equipment writ I have received. All others have been alchemy or enchanting and worth 2 or 6 vouchers.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say I don't understand why it asks you to accept automatically, why doesn't it just put it in my inventory!

I think if you took a poll, 99% of players would agree with you and 100% of ZOS employees wouldn't know why players find this aspect a problem at all. Just an other example of the disconnect between the designers and the players and shows that the ones that designed this auto quest accept prompt do not play the game at all.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think if you took a poll, 99% of players would agree with you and 100% of ZOS employees wouldn't know why players find this aspect a problem at all. Just an other example of the disconnect between the designers and the players and shows that the ones that designed this auto quest accept prompt do not play the game at all.

The fact that when you select 'goodbye', it kicks you out of the inventory menu you were in is also very annoying, especially if you are in the middle of opening your writ rewards containers.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well I don't have DLC... so I can't craft most things that seems to appear in master writs.

I was also got by the auto open of the writ it was my first one.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 23, 2017 5:34AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to choose not to accept it at first and then see if you can craft what it requires. If not you can trade or sell it. They should remove the automatic dialog to avoid accidental quest acceptance.
    agree.gif