Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Update Sizes

Zombie
Zombie
Soul Shriven
I have ESO installed on both Xbox and PC, but have slow internet speed, so I'm going to have to update Xbox (26gb) overnight. But I'm curious of the update size for PC, since if its smaller I could download and atleast play some today.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updates for the PC are much smaller. More in the 2GB or so range for the last one. I think the consoles have to download the entire graphics package unlike the PC which can download part of it. Anyway, the Homestead Update for the PC took less than an hour (I was not watching it, I think it was less than 30 minutes).

The game install sizes are only about 2.3 GB larger for Homestead over the previous version on the PC. I am sure that is about the same on the Consoles. It's just the update package has to be so much bigger.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zombie
    Zombie
    Soul Shriven
    I thought I remembered them being smaller on PC, but wasn't sure. I can download about 2 GB in roughly an hour, so I'm just trying to get an estimate on how long it would take.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be that console updates has to be done trough the official PS4 or One system while on pc they can push huge data files in the background for later use, on update day you just download the core files and a 0 day patch.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.