Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting furnishings for homestead

DearestAutumn
Love the homestead update, but how do I go about obtaining furnishing plans to craft the items I want, instead of buying them?

Best Answers

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look everywhere! They drop in all types of containers, and sometimes from mobs. Note, this OFTEN involves stealing. If stealing is an issue, hit the delves with lots of containers, as well as Cold Harbor and Cyrodiil.

edit: it goes without saying you ALSO need furnishing mats even after you get the plans. These are harvested along with all the regular resources from nodes throughout Tamriel. Also, there are a few plans that can be purchased from some vendors, particularly crafting vendors.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 22, 2017 3:12AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great, but did this start before the homstead went live, cuz if it dis I am very very unlucky....
    I loot everything!

No, only with Homestead.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a good place, I did a video about it, but you can just go to the Hallow City and that place is rich with cabinets to loot plans from!
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
    Answer ✓
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best zone is Old Orsinium - if you are high enough level you can just AOE waste the mobs, and there are more little jars than you can count, hundreds, all have a chance to contain a pattern of some kind. I get a couple every run in there.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Answer ✓
  • DearestAutumn
    Great, but did this start before the homstead went live, cuz if it dis I am very very unlucky....
    I loot everything!
  • DearestAutumn
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I loot everything!

No, only with Homestead.

I thought so. I havent had much time with it yet. Materials, I have had no problem with. I found those at the crafting workshops scattered throughout Tamriel.

Thank you for the help.
    Edited by DearestAutumn on February 22, 2017 3:48AM