Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Massive framerate drop when loading quest markers

Surgee
Surgee
✭✭✭✭
For a while now, me and my friends have the same issue in ESO. Each time I enter a new area (even if there is no loading screen) that make the quest markers reload (which oddly takes around 3+ seconds), the whole game is going down to like 2-5 FPS until the markers are re-positioned. It's so frustrating, especially when you're questing it can happen few times a minute. Some of my mates stop playing just because of it. Can you please look into it, ZOS? I'm stopping my sub and going to other games until this is resolved. It's just unplayable.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax... Any solution?? FFS I'm a paying customer who spent hundreds € on this game already. I'm a very patient person but this is getting ridiculous. I only get a reply when I report that I have issues when paying you subscription money. How about do your job? I though this is technical support. Where is the help? The game became unplayable.
    Edited by Surgee on January 25, 2017 3:49PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    Zenimax... Any solution?? FFS I'm a paying customer who spent hundreds € on this game already. I'm a very patient person but this is getting ridiculous. I only get a reply when I report that I have issues when paying you subscription money. How about do your job? I though this is technical support. Where is the help? The game became unplayable.

Sounds to me like a mini map addon. Many I have tried do just what you posted. Turn off the minimap and see what happens. If that is the culprit and you still want the Minimap check out Votan's. Still stutters when you enter/leave map regions but only slightly on my system.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »

Sounds to me like a mini map addon. Many I have tried do just what you posted. Turn off the minimap and see what happens. If that is the culprit and you still want the Minimap check out Votan's. Still stutters when you enter/leave map regions but only slightly on my system.

Hey ,
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm talking about xbox one version. No add-ons there. Quest markers go crazy every time I enter new locations and the frames drop to below 10. On a console, that's really unacceptable =/.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS? Anyone at Zenimax working? What's the point of technical support forum when we get no support? Please advise on how to remove the problem. I still have unused subcription running and the game is u playable at this state. Seriously, MS should remove it from store until you guys get your **** together.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    If you have not already done so please reach out to our customer support by submitting a support ticket. In the mean time here are some steps you can try: What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we've patiently waited months for a patch...and now that homestead is here..the framerate issue with quest markers still remain. What the f!!!!!! Me and my friends reported the issue in the game as well to no avail. It's impossible to do quests because the game stutters so damn much when entering any location if your journal have more than 4-5 quests. What is wrong with you?? MS should take ESO down from marketplace until you get your crap together. How about a proper response @ZOS_GinaBruno? Im really losing my patience. Show that you actually give a damn.
    Edited by Surgee on February 22, 2017 1:53AM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news? I will never stop bumping this one up, ZOS. Im doing you a favour.
    Edited by Surgee on February 23, 2017 9:20PM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this even being looked at? Questing is a nightmare because of this bug. It's not just me, it's EVERYONE. I and my friends reported this bug in-game and had no reply at all. How do you plan to release Morrowind with this crap going on? It's like this for months now. I'm trying to help you, ZOS. Show some damn appreciation.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    With the incremental patch up, why the biggest bug that causes framerate to go down to below 5 was not fixed? This literally makes questing a nightmare. It's always present, it never stops. IS THERE ANYONE IN ZOS DOING QUESTS?
    I beg you, add few quests to your journal and behold the awful framerate drop when entering house/zone, completing quest or anything that makes the markers reload position (which also takes few seconds now).
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switching between quests with D-PAD also drops framerate to below 10. Severity and duration of the framerate drop depend on the number of quests in the journal. Zooming in-out of the region on the map also creates huge framerate drops when having more than 3 quests in the journal.
    Edited by Surgee on March 25, 2017 1:33PM
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Here here!! I have this problem.. I hate this problem
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS. Where is an update?
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is it being looked into yet? Morrowind will be completely unplayable with this bug. 4 quests in journal is already too many.