The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Buff tracking addon advice

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

been using Buff Timers for long time, but now it (and similar addons) isn't able to differ our casted spells from others. Even if API is changed in future, Buff Timers won't be updated for it anyways.

Is there any other up to date addon working exactly (or at least mostly) like buff timers?
What I want from it:
Track my buffs on me and warhorn casted by others.
Track my ground-targeted spells (WoE, Blazing Spear, Cleansing Ritual, Channeled focus etc.)
Be able to move every tracking bar around my screen independantly.

Srendarr has everything consolidated in groups too big and I really dislike it. There is no option to have let's say Rapid Regeneration and Cleansing Ritual in left side of the screen, Warhorn and Combat Prayer on right side, Minor and Major Sorcery in bottom and finally WoE, Blazing Spear anywhere else. If there is any option in Srendarr to make it work like Buff Timers, I appologize then for my lack of practice with that addon.

Thanks for advices in advance.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, in Srendarr you can have up to 7 (or 8) different buff bars. Moving a buff to a separate bar removes it from its default bar. So it can do precisely what you are asking for, but its setup is a bit complicated due to the sheer amount of settings you can adjust.

If you can't find a more appropriate alternative (which I sadly can't help you with, since I went Srendarr like two years ago and never looked back), maybe try to work your way through the settings monster. With a lot of patience, I am sure you will be able to achieve the desired result.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit:
    Tried the latest update. Yes, you were right, wih prominent buffs option I can do exactly what I waned.

However, addon just seems to be not able to track these spells:
    Rune Focus (and morphs)
    Cleansing Rituals (and morphs)
    Wall of Elements (and morphs)
    Spear Shards (and morphs)

Is it just issue with current state of API? Will this be fixed with upcoming API change?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 19, 2017 11:37AM
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Edit:
    Tried the latest update. Yes, you were right, wih prominent buffs option I can do exactly what I waned.

However, addon just seems to be not able to track these spells:
    Rune Focus (and morphs)
    Cleansing Rituals (and morphs)
    Wall of Elements (and morphs)
    Spear Shards (and morphs)

Is it just issue with current state of API? Will this be fixed with upcoming API change?

I don't know off hand where you have to go, but I was able to get Wall of Elements to show up by entering the Ability ID somewhere. I did this about half a year ago and took a hiatus. Now I'm back and will be attempting this again.

You can get the Ability ID's by using the debug options in Srendarr.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -