Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Less chance of getting gold tempers at low crafting levels?

ChaosWotan
ChaosWotan
✭✭✭✭✭
My main have all crafting levels at max, but got 8 vet alts, and only one above crafting lv 15, so would like to know if I the chance of getting surveys and gold tempers/resin/wax is higher at crafting rank 50 than below 15?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct, yes. Higher writs yield better results.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, tnx, but not looking forward to gather enough gear to decon, so that my eight vet alts can become lv 50 crafters... With 595 cp I already know the questlines so well that it will be boring now to level crafting to max, on 8 toons. Well, better start doing it, instead of whining :)
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol - I toootally get you. I have most of my level 50 toons at 50 crafting for everything and it was time consuming. If I might suggest, the thing that helped the most was doing the dolmen, delve and public dungeon daily quests on multiple characters. Gave more CP/XP, ton of gold, and a lot of gear drops for decon. Like writs you can also accept one on monday, and then do it teusday, and then get the teusday one.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just deconning the purple gear they loot from running quests/delves/farms can get your alts to level 50 in a relatively short time. You can also have your main crafter craft some gear for your alts to decon.

It's the skill points in the first passive that is the pain imo. You'll likely also want to spend points in extraction as well to improve your chance at receiving improvement mats while you decon.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that my craft lv 30 toon got more surveys and gold temper from writs than my 7 very low craft level (vet) toons. Will a craft lv 50 character get much better items from writs than my toon which is at craft lv 30? So far not seen much difference from my main which has crafting at max, but only checked it the last two days.

Asking, because not sure if it is best to level one toon at a time to craft lv 50, or stop at 30 and then level the next toon to 30. Just doing all this in order to get writs with as many surveys as possible.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the craft level not the character level that matters here, for gold tempers. So a Vet toon with a clothing level of 6(rank 2) will receive less wax than a level 30 toon with a clothing level of 50(rank 10). Not certain on surveys - I have noticed I get less surveys on low level toons, but I don't know if that's RNJesus or not.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tracked my writ rewards for writs on my main crafter (Level 50 in all skill lines, with crafting passives maxed in all skill lines) compared to minimum level writs (Crafting ranks anywhere from 20-50, but no skill points put into crafting passives (ie using maple/iron/jute)).

Survey drop rate has not varied between the characters doing level 1 writs vs level 10 writ.

Gold temper drop rate has been noticeably higher on max level writs (33-50%) compared to the level 1 writs (<5%).

My sample size is still quite small (<100 total writs), but even within this test's constraints the difference has been enormous.

Glass motif chapters have been such an infrequent drop that I wasn't able to determine any trend, but my gut says they favor higher-tiered writs as well. The same can be said for psijic ambrosia recipe chapters

Once Homestead drops on console I'll be doing writs much more religiously, so I'll soon have much more complete data to provide for anyone interested.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys rates are unaffected by level. I would pass my surveys off to my master crafter because they have the passive for double nodes. However I haven't tried since April of last year due to the banker exploit. That being said, and with the changes to One Tamriel Surveys, I do not know if the survey matches the level of the character that earned it, or the character that uses it. I'll do some research.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Surveys rates are unaffected by level. I would pass my surveys off to my master crafter because they have the passive for double nodes. However I haven't tried since April of last year due to the banker exploit. That being said, and with the changes to One Tamriel Surveys, I do not know if the survey matches the level of the character that earned it, or the character that uses it. I'll do some research.

I Agree, i get survey all the time on my low lvl Toon and transfer to my Master Crafter!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51 - I have noticed since Homestead dropped I've been getting a ton more glass fragments.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    @Feric51 - I have noticed since Homestead dropped I've been getting a ton more glass fragments.

seems that way to me too however i have been focusing on tier-10s so... could be skewed perception.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four more days and I'll let you guys know. Can't wait for Homestead.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)