Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Intricate Essence Rune

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
Just an idea, I think it would be nice to add an Intricate Rune to the game. This would help us power level Enchanting just like smithing/clothing/woodworking. It would also give Enchanters another way to make gold.

Yeeeep.
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, but you can kind of do this now. Use Blue and Purple Aspects to level enchanting. Make them on one character, decon them on another, you level both. Use Greens up to about L15, Blues to about L30/35, then Purples to L45 or so. Once you get that high then make glyphs using runes you don't know. That will get you close to L50, then finish off with the Purples.

The reason you stop the craft/decon briefly at L45 is depending on how many runes you don't know, your going to gain 2 to bit more than 4 levels so this way you don't wasted any Purple Aspects.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the need for it. Yes it takes a bit longer to get to 50 enchanting, but you don't have to learn a gazillion traits like in smithing etc...
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Good idea, but you can kind of do this now. Use Blue and Purple Aspects to level enchanting. Make them on one character, decon them on another, you level both. Use Greens up to about L15, Blues to about L30/35, then Purples to L45 or so. Once you get that high then make glyphs using runes you don't know. That will get you close to L50, then finish off with the Purples.

The reason you stop the craft/decon briefly at L45 is depending on how many runes you don't know, your going to gain 2 to bit more than 4 levels so this way you don't wasted any Purple Aspects.

Those are good tips, thanks. I am not necessarily in a position to fully utilize these tips however. I had started leveling Enchanting in the very beginning, and would enchant my gear as I leveled. One day I just stopped around level 30'ish in Enchanting. I already know pretty much every Essence though, except for the new potency runes each time you level, I couldn't benefit from learning any new runes. Anyway, I was just thinking it would be a nice thing to have, and parallel with people trying to level, it would give another rune for people to sell on the market. (I'm 8/9 trait in everything, most recipes known, and maxed in Alchemy, guilty of looking for the easy way out in Enchanting..)
    I don't see the need for it. Yes it takes a bit longer to get to 50 enchanting, but you don't have to learn a gazillion traits like in smithing etc...

Yea I mean maybe it's not "needed" but I think it would add value to the craft. Even if you just gave intricate rune from writ bags, I could see them selling.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Yea I mean maybe it's not "needed" but I think it would add value to the craft. Even if you just gave intricate rune from writ bags, I could see them selling.

Well this is essentially what the green glyphs you get in writs are.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

Well this is essentially what the green glyphs you get in writs are.

I honestly don't know a lot about this, I haven't got a max level enchanter and therefore haven't been doing writs. Are you saying the green glyphs would give an equal about of exp as to what an intricate item gives in say, woodworking?
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The aspect rune works a bit like intricate. Putting better aspect improves received inspiration greatly. In gear deconning white vs purple is not so significant. IIRC getting last level to 50 in enchanting took only nine truly superb purple glyphs. That is comparable to cp160 intricate gear.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who don't have a max enchanter, you can usually buy cheap Denata, Jehade and essence runes and then tip a crafter to make them up for you.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.