Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Getting back to Khenarthi's Roost

Kaymorolis
Kaymorolis
✭✭✭
OK, so new player here. I ended up hopping on the boat out of Khenarthi's Roost and then discovered that there were some skyshards I missed. But I can't seem to find a way back. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
PC | NA
CP: 240+
Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you unlocked a wayshrine in Khenarthi's Roost (which I believe should have happened by default when you landed there), you can just take a wayshrine from wherever you are now.

Otherwise look for a navigator in Vulkhel Guard to take you back. I think Sugar-Claws on the dock there is also a Khenarthi's Roost transporter.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    If you unlocked a wayshrine in Khenarthi's Roost (which I believe should have happened by default when you landed there), you can just take a wayshrine from wherever you are now.

Otherwise look for a navigator in Vulkhel Guard to take you back. I think Sugar-Claws on the dock there is also a Khenarthi's Roost transporter.

Thanks! I already tried the wayshrine and didn't see one on my map. I would swear I went and unlocked it while I was questing, but who knows - maybe I didn't hehe. I'll look again and/or just find one of the other options.
    PC | NA
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Thanks! I already tried the wayshrine and didn't see one on my map. I would swear I went and unlocked it while I was questing, but who knows - maybe I didn't hehe. I'll look again and/or just find one of the other options.
    In Vuhkel Guard you're looking for a Khajiit female on the docks towards then end nearest the Harbourage.

@Ilsabet is right, every time you enter a zone you've not been in before one Wayshrine is always automatically activated, though not necessarily the one nearest the point you zoned in, so the initial one on the south on the island must be accessible from any other Wayshrine .. try expanding the world map, the new housing icons are making some parts of it very congested and it's easy to miss a couple of wayshrines entire, the first one for KR being one of them I think.

Edited by KerinKor on February 16, 2017 6:53PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC with no mods here. When activate a wayshrine to travel, I get a map of the current zone and on the right side I get a listing of all zones. If I click on Khenarthi's Roost from that list, it changes the map to one of K Roost and I can see any wayshrines there. Trying to find K Roost zone on the world map is pretty hard so this helps a lot.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PC with no mods here. When activate a wayshrine to travel, I get a map of the current zone and on the right side I get a listing of all zones. If I click on Khenarthi's Roost from that list, it changes the map to one of K Roost and I can see any wayshrines there. Trying to find K Roost zone on the world map is pretty hard so this helps a lot.

@AcadianPaladin This was pretty much my issue - a lack of understanding of the wayshrine UI. When I clicked on the wayshrine and got the map, I kept trying to get to the world map (still haven't figured out how to) and didn't even notice the zone list on the right. Anywho, I figured it out last night, got back to K Roost and cleanup up all the stuff I missed (including a few quests).

Thanks all for the tips.
    PC | NA
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »

@AcadianPaladin This was pretty much my issue - a lack of understanding of the wayshrine UI. When I clicked on the wayshrine and got the map, I kept trying to get to the world map (still haven't figured out how to) and didn't even notice the zone list on the right. Anywho, I figured it out last night, got back to K Roost and cleanup up all the stuff I missed (including a few quests).

Thanks all for the tips.

Rightclick the map, it will move you one level "higher" (from town map to zone map, from zone map to world map etc.)
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Rightclick the map, it will move you one level "higher" (from town map to zone map, from zone map to world map etc.)
    I would swear I did that and nothing happened. :|

PC | NA