Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Getting bored of Magblade, any ideas? New to the game, also random questions.

phantom3538
phantom3538
✭✭
Hey guys, when first starting out I looked up nightblade builds because I was sort of overwhelmed by all the skills I could get. I'm currently level 19 and starting to get bored of Magblade however, and feel like it's relatively slow action.
As a class I thought Nightblade was going to be similar to like a Rogue in WoW (which I played a ton of) but I'm not getting that vibe. I've heard that I could go Stamina instead but people were telling me Magicka was way better late game? I want to play something and stick to it throughout my leveling experience that way when I reach 50 I'm knowledgeable.
Thirdly, is there any quicker way to level short of just grinding with training gear? My /played time on my level 19 is 23 hours and I feel like that is super high for only being level 19. I did the entire dark brotherhood questline, almost all of the main scenario (haven't got the very last quest yet), and 4 dungeons so far with the first random of the day bonuses on all 4, and feel like I should be much higher than 19.
Finally, is there any sort of addons that are hugely recommended, mainly QoL addons? If you played WoW I used things like DBM, Bagnon, Auctioneer, Postal, and more.
  • Artanis
    Artanis
    ✭✭
    I also came from WoW so I might be able to answer some of your questions.

If you want a WoW's rogue-like gameplay, you need to go stamblade. Magblade almost feels like a bloodmage that slowly sucks blood out of opponents. If you want quick, hard-hitting, bursty gameplay, go with stamblade.

As far as leveling is concerned, yes, grinding with all the training gear is the fastest way to go. I started this game when there was 100% exp bonus. You said it took 23 hours for you to reach level 19 doing DB quest line. Along with all purple training gear, 50% extra exp boost potion, and 100% exp bonus, I think I hit 50 in less than 20 hours into the game. Now, this isn't necessarily the right way to reach max level, and I would only recommend this only if you have any particular reason to reach max level asap. I had friends who had been playing this game long time before I started, and I just simply wanted to catch up with their CP when I first got into the game.

So questing your way to max level 50 isn't all that bad, because you will end up questing, traveling, looking up skyshards anyway even if you reach max level just to get the skill points that come from those contents. IMO, questing is really one of the strongest aspects of this game, especially when they are compared to ESO's currently limited end-game contents.

For the addons, you might want to start with Wykkyd Framework Suite. Easy to configure and understand how addons work in ESO.
    PC NA Megaserver
    Cyrodiil Campaign Trueflame
    <DC> Ar'tanis - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer