The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

error 104 for mac

archer91
archer91
Soul Shriven
i have a problem with error 104. I have 170 gigs on my mac but when i star the loucher, he said error 104 but i don't know why.How i can resolve my problem?

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checking other threads about this (from 2015) there was talk about how the game requires more space to download than the listed HDD space, it could be the issue for yourself as well.
    As Glierhuin said, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited client requires 60 GB on the computer's hard drive. At least 80 GB are needed to perform the download and installation operations, and the computer needs about 15% of its hard drive space to be empty to run properly.

Note that the above quote is from 2015 so the game might be much bigger now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Macintosh HD and Finder are both known for over-reporting the amount of free disk space due to the local Time Machine backup. These backup files actually don't get counted against your hard drive space, increasing the amount of "free" space that you're seeing. While we can't recommend deleting these backup files as this may cause an irrecoverable loss of data, this is one path that some of our Mac users have taken to. The other would be to have a secondary hard drive to install on or clearing up files the old fashion way.

To get an accurate measure of remaining free space, let's go ahead and try running a Mac OS X System Report and see what that reports back with.

To do this, you'll just need to run through the following steps:
    •Click on the Apple in the upper-left corner of your screen
    •Select the "About this Mac" option
    •Click "System Report"
    •Navigate to the Hardware section
    •Select the Storage option
    •Look for the Hard Drive that you are Using and look for the amount of free space remaining

If this number is still well above the 80GB that the launcher needs to install, please reply back to this e-mail and attach a copy of your System Report .spx file.
    This can be done the following way:
    •Go to the System Report window
    •Go to File on the Menu bar
    •Select "Save" and save it as a .spx
    •Attach it to your email
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post