The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Last boss, Darkshade 2, Normal Mechanics

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious. What's the actual deal with the levers.

I've dine this bad boy like 10 times, and generally had a decent group. Sometimes we leave the levers and heal, other times someone pulls one, but we always got thru.

Today I was on my low level Alt healer. Very low level group, we died a ton. LOADS. So then a guy said we had to hit all levers fast, one each and the 4th. We did ans we got thru.

So, curious, what's the actual Mechanic!! It feels like the gas is worse in the middle near the levers!
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach

Best Answers

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the green (poison gas) phase you if everyone hits the levers then the phase stops. Its better if you can heal through it as you can use this phase to DPS the boss.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
    Answer ✓
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using the levers is a waste of time and a waste of DPS potential. I guess the intended mechanic is to use the levers, as not using the levers is considered "hard mode", but there really is no need to do that unless your healer has very weak heals, or is out of magicka due to people taking too much extra damage. What the WHOLE team needs to do is stack together for that whole green phase so that the healer can heal through it with healing springs.

Having said that, I have been in many pug groups where that one guy just HAS to be out away from everyone else during that phase and ends up dying (and then blames the healer), making someone have to go rez him. As someone is rezzing, the boss is moving away, leaving either the rezzer without heals, or the rest of the group without heals which means someone else is probably going to die.

So, to do this with the most efficiency, stay together during the green phase - even if it means you can't DPS for those few seconds. Ideally, if there is a melee in the group you will want to stack in melee. If that doesn't happen though and everyone else stacks at range, just stack with them for that phase. As long as you are ALL stacked, healing springs should do the trick.
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, cheers man. I guess we always had the heals, or the deeps for it not to matter.

So its a lever each, all 4 nd to go down?

And gas worse in the middle?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Just had this experience today on my healer.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Had this prob too with my low lvl healer. After research i dicovered - that was lack of heals problem
    Edited by Dr_Rektar on February 13, 2017 1:14AM
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree guys, I was on my Sorc Healer so need them stacked - and it was probably the crazy spread of the group charging about to do things that was the problem - when everyone got the levers I could heal them too so great advice above cheers.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Dynalon
    Dynalon
    Soul Shriven
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agree guys, I was on my Sorc Healer so need them stacked - and it was probably the crazy spread of the group charging about to do things that was the problem - when everyone got the levers I could heal them too so great advice above cheers.

Actually sorcerer is capable of healing not stacked groups too just use the pet, most people I have met on that boss just don't get the concept of stacking and love to stand everywhere, especially behind me. You have to combine pet with some additional off-heal though. For example ulti from restoration staff morphed into damage reduction does pretty good job when you are healing group with pet.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dynalon I know about the Twilight BOL ;) , however the nature of how the group behaved there (and following the boss etc) seemed to get them out of range, 100% need the Restro Ulti, am going to unlock it soon - life saver (literally) Cheers
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to heal through green phase with my templar and sorcerer healers. Because of BoL and matriarch.
    My NB and DK healers hate this boss, cuz people are extremely stupid, especially on normal, and just can't keep close to healer and dps in range.
    Also I had very fun moment, when my dk healer has gotten a compliment for her "great healing" after automatons crowd before guardian chamber (pulled all in once, of course) and then was blamed as horrible healer with no heals and me as noob (43lvl 600CP, lol) after several wipes on guardian, cuz keeping close is very difficult concept for some people.
  • SilentQ
    SilentQ
    I have tanked that one a few times. The best way, I found, was to let the group do their thing and I would grab adds and solo the levers.

Stormwalker - Defender of the Weak
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrani wrote: »
    Using the levers is a waste of time and a waste of DPS potential. I guess the intended mechanic is to use the levers, as not using the levers is considered "hard mode", but there really is no need to do that unless your healer has very weak heals, or is out of magicka due to people taking too much extra damage. What the WHOLE team needs to do is stack together for that whole green phase so that the healer can heal through it with healing springs.

Having said that, I have been in many pug groups where that one guy just HAS to be out away from everyone else during that phase and ends up dying (and then blames the healer), making someone have to go rez him. As someone is rezzing, the boss is moving away, leaving either the rezzer without heals, or the rest of the group without heals which means someone else is probably going to die.

So, to do this with the most efficiency, stay together during the green phase - even if it means you can't DPS for those few seconds. Ideally, if there is a melee in the group you will want to stack in melee. If that doesn't happen though and everyone else stacks at range, just stack with them for that phase. As long as you are ALL stacked, healing springs should do the trick.

well i could be wrong, but i feel like my toons regens were buffed with this last patch. i would say only healers who could not sustainly heal for that fight are simply db healers who shouldnt be healer at all.

and only morons melee that boss, only way you meleeing that boss is i believe everyone has 23k+ health 25% damage reduction from cp on top of gear damage reduction.
    Edited by AzuraKin on February 16, 2017 2:13PM
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    You CAN melee the boss if you are following it from behind. It's no different than ranging it from behind. Now, if it turns around, you need to be quick and get out of the way or you will get squashed. I only have ranged characters, but I have seen people who know what they are doing melee it successfully.

As for healer regen, that definitely helps under normal circumstances. However, in a pug, that fight can be anything but normal a lot of times. You can have people not stacking, making the healer have to cast breath of life to keep people up, you can have people getting hit by everything there is to get hit by (while not stacking), and you can have DPS ignore adds allowing them to pile up, causing lots of extra damage. All this can run a healer out of mana. I haven't run this on my healer since that patch, so I don't know if it's any better now, but before the patch, a bad team could definitely run you out of mana and cause issues.