Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

will a Nord and high elf in same alliance ( the higher cost game ) end up at the same questing area?

Quethrosar
Quethrosar
✭✭✭✭
after the 2 baby islands what happens? will the nord end up with me in  Auridon ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if the Nord select dominion as faction he will end up in Auridon.
    Note that with one Tamriel he can go there anyway but might be locked out the dominion faction quest and probably guild quests.
    Dominion also only have only one starting island not two its an larger island with Khajiit.
    Edited by zaria on February 13, 2017 4:00PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khanari's Roost is the Dominon starting island I believe but by default in One Tamriel do you still go to the starting islands? I thought you now come to the mainland right away and traveling to the starter island is optional if you talk to the npc by the docks
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was changed already during or after beta so you end up in Ardudin first instead. A shame as Khanari's Roost is very nice.
    The other starting islands is a bit small.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With One Tamriel they changed it back so you start on the starter island after leaving the Wailing Prison.

And yes, any Dominion-affiliated character will start out in Dominion territory and be considered a Dominion character, regardless of the character's race.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    something isn't right. nord and elf in same alliance.

nord did bleakrock isle -> balfoyen -> stonefalls
    elf did roost -> auridon

so one of us needs to give up a starting area to play together.....
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With One Tamriel you can actually play the zone quests in any order you want. The only PvE things that will force you back to your home alliance are the Harborage quests and maybe Fighters and Mages Guild quests.

If your Nord friend was dropped off in Bleakrock after leaving the Wailing Prison, then I'd verify whether he definitively chose Aldmeri Dominion as his alliance when he made the character.

Even if he's technically an EP character, though, you can still quest together through the AD zones.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA