Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead Guide: Furnishing Crafting FAQ!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
6018aa4158b66b3a534a4be552a90981.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Homestead Guide: Furnishing Crafting FAQ blog article.

If you own a home in Tamriel, you'll need to furnish your newfound space with furniture. One way to get the furniture you so desire is to craft it yourself! Read our guide to learn basics of Furnishing Crafting, a new system available in our latest update, Homestead.

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This remains a very cool system that is, unfortunately, incredibly difficult to get into due to the terribly low drop rate for new furniture crafting materials like Regulus and Heartwood. If you're looking to get into furniture crafting, be prepared to spend many hours farming materials for each individual object you want to create!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate for new materials is too low, and this is from someone who usually enjoys farming and actually finds it relaxing.
    I was also really looking forward to housing, but at it's current state it's quickly turning frustrating.

I'm not expecting my house (even a medium one) to be ready and fully furnished within a week or even a few months, but trying to collect the new materials is simply too far from fun/rewarding right now.

Won't buy the furniture from crown store either, though. I have a real home to decorate with real money. Plus getting everything ready it not fun either. I like working towards in-game goals, but the balance is just way off right now.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please consider increasing the number of furnishing items that can be placed in houses. 600 items (with ESO+) is so little for a large house if you want to fully decorate it.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I wish I'd not spent all weekend working on Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Housing & Furnishings, lol (was just getting on the forums to publish it).

Very nice article there though!

edit: typo
    Edited by Tevalaur on February 13, 2017 8:42PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but that article is just lying, there is nothing exclusive to furniture crafting as you can buy them from the crown store as well. Misleading article and a blatant lie.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Now I wish I'd not spent all weekend working on Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Housing & Furnishings, lol (was just getting on the forums to publish it).

I'm glad you posted it, I've been looking for a list of the furnishings by zone so I don't have to remember where I found the things I want to get more of.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait to get it on the 23rd when i get daggerfall overlook
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that article is just lying, there is nothing exclusive to furniture crafting as you can buy them from the crown store as well. Misleading article and a blatant lie.

No not all from crown
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 13, 2017 10:19PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Very nice article there though!

edit: typo

Thank you for this! I still use your Alchemy Guide often!! Love your site!! Awesome Job!! Huzzah!!
    (On side note: I really wish Zos would add some guild slots! lol.. Would love to join your guild but am full! But keep up the good work. :smiley: )
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned on PTS and Live

Blacksmithing: Regulus
    Woodworking: Heartwood
    Clothier: Bast and Clean Pelts
    Provisioning: Decorative Wax
    Enchanting: Mundane Runes
    Alchemy: Alchemical Resin

The above ..... You're starting a new crafting system and still haven't aligned the old system to one tamriel. It's frustrating even more cause we have all these old materials that don't do anything once you level up.

All base materials need to become wood, wood scraps, cloth, cloth scraps, metal, metal scraps (so to speak) if these new mats only come from harvesting. Something's go to give somewhere.

Use those olds mats for style purposes only
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 15, 2017 9:44PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • GamingWithGunner2007
    GamingWithGunner2007
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom i have one question that may or may not have been asked. i noticed that much like recipes in order to craft stuff for a house you have to find blue prints as i call them. but you can also get them from master crafting writs. will the blue prints you find in master crafting writs be found outside of crafting writs. if not then it is going to be hard for people who don;t do much crafting or have a friend that plays and can craft master writs. i don;t do much crafting and i would hate to have to become a master craftier just to be able to craft or get special crafting blue prints for stuff when i should be able to find special blue prints as well as normal blue prints out in the world. some people don't spend hours on the game to get special stuff like most do. each time you add something new it becomes harder and harder for casual players who can't spend 8 to 10 hours on the game everyday to get the stuff they need to unlock something else. and it becomes harder to get things because people want to charge way to dang much for a item that they can most likely make 10,000 times or more. iv'e been playing this game since it hit xbox one and i still haven't even got a fragment or a chapter or anything i need for glass armor or the stuff needed to make the the exp potion thing and i do my writs when ever i have the time to get on. i know this went from a question to a sort of griping and i am sorry i am just pointing a few things out anyway i said enough. if i get a answer it would help to let me know you are taking the time to answer and reply and not ignore people.
  • severuscrowley
    severuscrowley
    Soul Shriven
    First of all, this has been the update I've hoped and waited for since I played ESO in Beta. I've always wanted a home in Daggerfall since i played Elder Scroll's Daggerfall back in 95, and now I can have that dream realized (without the threat of the ghost of King Lysandus). HOWEVER as a veteran crafter of many MMOs and Master craftsman of all crafts here in ESO, I see several flaws i think should be addressed. First of all, i see the extremely low drop rate for the rare homestead crafting materials has been mentioned...and about that...why are my basic mud bowls, basic candles and chairs, bed rolls, etc requiring extremely rare crafting materials anyway? That seems to make no logical sense other than a time sink which is ridiculously frustrating.
    Secondly, with materials so scarce and difficult for even the most basic of things...this amazing three story house i just bought will take months if not a year to furnish half way decently, let alone the meager three inn rooms i've accumulated, because i cant even find all the recipes i'd want. As someone mentioned earlier, i'm not one of those who will pay RL money for pixel home decor, i much prefer and find it more rewarding and fun to be able to craft for my homes, so without even starter recipes available at a vendor for more furnishings than boxes and bags and a bedroll, this too is frustrating.
    Third, why dont homestead recipes follow the same rules as other recipes where greens use basic harvests, only blues, purples and gold require something more, this would seem a more logical and realistic progression.
    Fourth, why do i have to pay an absurdly large sum of gold for achievement items i should be awarded for earning the achievement in the first place, retconed or gained since homestead's release? This seems rather unfair compared to many other games where when you earn the achievement part of the reward is the house item, title, etc. I'm not a gold farmer and i dont have days to spend harvesting a mere two or three rare components/possibly finding recipes when my time is better spent playing content/crafting/fixing up the home.
    Holding out on getting that Daggerfall Overlook home, no point in owning an enormous castle if you cant adequately furnish.

End rant
  • LokomotivBreath
    LokomotivBreath
    ✭✭✭
    I am a HUGE fan boy of ESO. I play everyday and love the game. But my experience is much like others in this forum. That of disappointment. I went to purchase my house, previewed it, was more than happy to pay the gold for it, but then was shocked to find out that I couldn't furnish it with gold, but crowns only. What a let down that was. I didn't have the crowns to furnish my house that I wanted so badly. I stood in my empty house for 30 minutes trying to find a way, a link, a quest marker, anything that would take me to someone where I could pay gold to completely furnish my house. But there was none. So, I wanted this house, so I purchased it with game gold. But now I own a perfectly awesome (empty) home.
    Now don't get me wrong, I plan to craft items for my home, but with the chances of me getting all the blueprints I will need to do this will take me years to finally furnish my home. NO BUENO. In a world of microwaves and instant gratification, I would love to completely furnish my home now. Not 2 years down the road.
    The most disappointing thing to me is, there is NO way other than crafting (that I can see) to completely furnish your home. I would pay the crowns to furnish my home from the crown store, but I don't see it offered. I can earn the gold to buy furnishings, and I can even accumulate crowns to do so. I would love to see an option to completely furnish my home (like it did when I first purchased it). if crowns it must be, then fine, I will get the crowns eventually. Gold, perfect, I have millions. But to only offer to buy furnishings piece by piece or craft it... most disappointing.
    Please offer complete home furnishing so I don't have to stand in my empty, poorly lit home any more.
    DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
    DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
    DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
    XBoxOne
    "I believe you have my stapler"
  • camsen64
    camsen64
    Soul Shriven
    To @ZOS_JessicaFolsom:

On the photo I see what looks like a set of Elk Antlers over the cabinet. I am new to home furnishing, but is that a item that I can get in-game as a crafting blueprint?

I think that would be such a nice addition for hanging above a fireplace or cooking pot... Its awesome !!