Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[PvP] I Need Help Plz

xXD2GXxTwitchy
What can i do to get stronger in pvp

Every time i enter pvp i get destroyed by some crazy hi lvl player that i have no chance of beating and i know they scale the lvls but it still feals like a struggle for a newer player in the eso pvp world
Im am no noob to mmo rpgs and have a fairly decent skill lvl when it comes to pvp
But with eso i find a little more difficult against some of the more seasoned players

What can i do to be better
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thank you
  • psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    @Valencer you wanna help?
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    There are plenty of great YouTube videos on learning Cyrodil geared towards all skill levels from total beginner to hardcore players.

A few pieces of advice from my own experience include joining a group, being in voice chat, traveling in numbers, knowing when to fight and when to run, being able to reveal stealthed targets, sneaking whenever possible, using shields, healing yourself (vigor, momentum, mutagen), dodge rolling, and using abilities and potions that make you temporarily immune to snares and stuns. For example, unstoppable potions, evasion skill (light armor line), immovable skill (heavy armor line), and rapid maneuver skill (assault line).

This should give you some topics to study. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly much a noob at PvP, basically just played enough to learn Vigor (a VERY helpful ability for a Stamblade!). While I enjoyed it tremendously, I still want to do a lot PvE before I play PvP more regularly.

My take on what Veraen said: I found that choosing a busy zone helps. Look on the map at where the action is, go to the closest keep, and you'll often find a bunch of alliance members playing together. Some will be in groups (ideal is to join one), and some will just follow the pack.

What worked for me was to join the pack, select a target, attack, and withdraw before I'm killed (sometimes the "withdraw" part even worked...). Withdrawing to behind the pack gives you some breathing space to recover resources and to heal. This approach allows you the opportunity to see what works for you in short encounters. Quite often both my target and I would survive the encounter, but as my goal was to learn I didn't mind. So essentially it was a case of reading on the forums, getting hints, and trying them out in the pack.

I seldom tried 1v1, isolated encounters. If you're killed in a few heartbeats it doesn't really teach you anything other than exemplary horse-riding skills...
    Edited by malicia on February 7, 2017 8:08PM
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    What can i do to get stronger in pvp

Every time i enter pvp i get destroyed by some crazy hi lvl player that i have no chance of beating and i know they scale the lvls but it still feals like a struggle for a newer player in the eso pvp world
    Im am no noob to mmo rpgs and have a fairly decent skill lvl when it comes to pvp
    But with eso i find a little more difficult against some of the more seasoned players

What can i do to be better
    Any help is greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Are you EU or NA? I have tried before offering help for people who wanna learn the ropes. offering practice, technics and the tools to do on your own. and not relay of a group. im EU
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xXD2GXxTwitchy

Ignore Glamdork. Don't know why players troll in a discussion about Players Helping Players.

Trolls are cowards, who have low self esteem and lack something in real life so they try to abuse on forums to feel like they are worth something.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 10, 2017 6:53PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • WatchTiger
    Im the same man, Well I was a few months back the main thing is to try and join a group of players who are playing together and like @malicia said withdrawing behind the pack just to get your resources and things ready gives you some time also to think up a plan of attack and If you are thinking of a large scale plan while you are in that group if they listen to everybody you could tell them via through in game chat or other ways to tell them your plan this once happened to me , the plan worked brilliantly so just go for it man remember teamwork is the best way :)

hope this helped

~WatchTiger