Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Furnishing recipes needs a massive overhaul

Negwereth
Negwereth
✭✭✭
I think that amounts of materials needed to craft a furnishing should depend only on size of the item, not its quality.
Also for quality progression it should take more rare and expensive mixins but not only larger amounts of them.
And final — it would be great to see some logic in recipes.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that amounts of materials needed to craft a furnishing should depend only on size of the item, not its quality.
    Also for quality progression it should take more rare and expensive mixins but not only larger amounts of them.
    And final — it would be great to see some logic in recipes.

I see your point, but most crafters have thousands of mats stockpiled. You could think of it like real world crafting. If you wanted to build a high end table for example, you would be more selective of the wood you use. One piece may have too many knots etc...It's this heartwood crap that rubs me the wrong way.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Sajhorn
    Sajhorn
    Soul Shriven
    Right, if they increased the drop rate of these new materials like heartwood and such, it might flow better. Also, the recipes shouldn't be this hard to find, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems like the only way to get things is through the crownstore or buying the very limited recipes from merchants.
    Sajhorn of Stormwind, Protector of Snow, Warden of the North
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Nord, I *** and pillaged the Tamriel countryside last night for a good two hours. Up and down Wrothgar, top to bottom.
    Then I was in Craglorn, and all over there. I'm was off my mount, walking, and focused on harvesting nodes.
    I finished the evening with zero Heartwood. Yes zero, no exaggeration.
    I found 3 fortified and 2 potent nirncrux while harvesting nodes in Craglorn, and not one single Heartwood. So, yes, I strongly feel the drops on the wood, at least, are way off. The Bast, Regulus, Mundane glyphs and decorative wax seem at consistent harvest levels, but Heartwood is way off.

• Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only one problem with furnishing design - current trade systems is not designed to deal with additional 4 K (2K designs and 2K items).

I am getting roughly 6-8 designs/hour, it seems reasonable for me, looks like in a month green will be less than 100G in guild stores.

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    I am getting roughly 6-8 designs/hour, it seems reasonable for me, looks like in a month green will be less than 100G in guild stores.

Yes, I totally agree with you. If we assume that drop rates on designs stays constant, I can see them being really inexpensive eventually. I also did some delves and a lot of B&E last night (that's breaking and entering for you good kids). I think I found something like you report, maybe 12 designs in my session last night.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real overhaul that's needed is the master writ drop rate and how many vouchers they are worth. I think the drop rate needs to be increased across the board, the number of vouchers they are worth should go up as the level of the crafter goes up.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. The housing grind is bad.
    2. It's not that bad.

Seriously, I drive myself crazy if I'm trying to get the last bit of heartwood or whatever I need for a project, but since I've switched to just playing regularly, I'm pleasantly surprised by what I can make whenever I hit a craft station at the end of the day.

I do wish either the recipe or mat grind was toned down a bit (one grind is enough, amirite).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub