Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Possible to do quests again?

ESOUser0x00
ESOUser0x00
✭✭✭
Is it possible to redo group quests in veteran dungeons? If I happen to redo it, do I have to give back the skill point I got when I completed it previously? Reason I ask is cause I completed the quests without knowing the story, most of the time the groups just rush through the dungeon, can't seem to find a group that appreciates the story lol.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can only do the quest line once unless it says it's repeatable. The only work around at I know for this is doing the dungeon again wi a different character. I wish more people would slow down and appreciate the storyline as well!
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    What keebler said.
    Unless it's a "daily" type of quest designated as repeatable you can't really redo quests. And usually those are the ones without much story to them. There are a lot of good reasons for that. The only way to redo a quest atm is to drop it before turning it in and restart if you want to see all the outcomes in a story/go back to read more.

If you are interested in going back to see a story you missed (and don't want to make a new character) it might be worth checking youtube to see if there's a walkthrough. I've done that a few times to recap on stories I've forgotten.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reason I ask is cause I completed the quests without knowing the story, most of the time the groups just rush through the dungeon, can't seem to find a group that appreciates the story lol.
    Sadly the bane of pretty much every MMO I play, so many people are there for the phat lewt and have little/no interest in the stories instances tell.

'Fraid you're out of luck, only way to experience it will be on another character.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think about it, you can do Group Dungeons as many times as you want. The drops you really want are Boss Drops and you get those whether your in the quest or not. Also, Pledges can take you back to a dungeon you have done before. Vet Dungeons have Speed and other Achievements based on conditions that have to be met. Then there are the Random Dailies that give as much Exp, actually more exp, than the first time you did it and did the quest.

So there are lots of reasons to do a group dungeon over again. It just if you want to hear the original story again, you have to use an Alt.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    I have same problem. I am actually listening to them finish talking sometimes, and the group is like omg hurry up.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mariskaas wrote: »
    I have same problem. I am actually listening to them finish talking sometimes, and the group is like omg hurry up.
    An very good idea to do dungeons with an friendly guild group first.
    First they let you listen to quests they also explain tactic for bosses better.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    here is a youtuber that has posted videos of some of the dungeon story lines:

VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis