Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

nightblade mundus stone

chevalierknight
chevalierknight
✭✭✭
Im a stealth bust would shadow be best ?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends a lot of the total build. in my opinion, you can have enough of a certain stat (specially cause there are caps as well). It is always better to have some versatileness in your total stats. So the question is, if you could use crit more or that you can use other things more (e.g. more stamina or magica)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭

thief! give you a significative more critical wearing divines armour and nice role play too :)

• chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    I think it depends a lot of the total build. in my opinion, you can have enough of a certain stat (specially cause there are caps as well). It is always better to have some versatileness in your total stats. So the question is, if you could use crit more or that you can use other things more (e.g. more stamina or magica)

Im imp so i have 20k health and end game ill have high stam so yeh shadow it is then
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thief! give you a significative more critical wearing divines armour and nice role play too :)

Thief adds 5% crit, with a complete legendary divines gear, which adds 52,5% to that, you get 2,625 extra, meaning 7,625% crit. It's really bad to be honest.

Warrior is the best if you have below 50% crit chance while Shadow is the best above 50% in terms of DPS. If your burst build incudes Shadowy Disguise and/or Critical Rush, Shadow has some extra benefit.
    Edited by Jeckll on July 3, 2015 10:05AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

Thief adds 5% crit, with a complete legendary divines gear, which adds 52,5% to that, you get 2,625 extra, meaning 7,625% crit. It's really bad to be honest.

Warrior is the best if you have below 50% crit chance while Shadow is the best above 50% in terms of DPS. If your burst build incudes Shadowy Disguise and/or Critical Rush, Shadow has some extra benefit.

i do not know your mat, but in a large view, wearing only purple divines (shoulder, hand, waste, foot) + weapon precise (head, body, leg are infuse) my spell crit + weapon crit is 37%.. you put on top a major prophecy and sorcery spell and you are almost at 50%, without any spell power pots.

i think for a stealth nb attack, have a such highest crits is something.
    Edited by BurtFreeman on July 3, 2015 11:52AM
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i do not know your mat, but in a large view, wearing only purple divines (shoulder, hand, waste, foot) + weapon precise (head, body, leg are infuse) my spell crit + weapon crit is 37%.. you put on top a major prophecy and sorcery spell and you are almost at 50%, without any spell power pots.

i think for a stealth nb attack, have a such highest crits is something.

Im sorry if my math was confusing:
    Thief adds 5% crit. You can check than in your Character Window.
    A epic piece with Divines Trait adds 6,5% to Mundus effects. You use 4 Divines pieces, so 6,5% * 4 = 26% more Mundus Stone effect. 26% of the 5% Crit, that you get from the Thief, are 1,3%.

That means wearing 4 pieces with Divines gives you an additional 1,3% crit of you use the Thief Mundus.
    Thats not very much.

When you use Divines with the Warrior for example, you would get 36 extra Weapon Damage, which is far better in terms of increased damage.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Thats not very much

this is with my v14 mage (it has half yellow on it, and al passive i can have)

nude,
    Screenshot_20150703_150738.png
    host image

spell crit 21 - weap crit 33

with shoulder, hand, foot, wast divines + staff is precise
    Screenshot_20150703_151100.png
    caricare immagini

spell crit 45.7 - weap crit 44.5

is something to me
    Edited by BurtFreeman on July 3, 2015 1:23PM
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadow for sure imo. Get your crit up to about 50%-ish then stack on the divines.
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

is something to me

That's because of the gear you are wearing plus the Mundus Stone :D
    Make a Screenshot in your full gear and switch to another mundus. Then Check your stats again.
    Edited by Jeckll on July 3, 2015 1:40PM
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭

is something to me

Make a Screenshot in your full gear and switch to another mundus. Then Check your stats again.

yes, becouse i read around how to get the best crit, and with night mother gaze + willows + thief and divines i'm close to 50%
    crits for nb is very important coming out with a stealth attack: it means instant kill on setup with lot of enemies.

but i'm not really into mat. i just try here and there, to see how is going: 5% here and 5% there, at the end you get a nice crit.
    Edited by BurtFreeman on July 3, 2015 2:12PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    ok so if i am relient on a sneaky Khajiit Nightblade (i.e. shadowy disguise, ambush, Surprise attack rotation)
    i should have the shadow?
    currently i have the serpent for stamina regen, thinking im giving myself some sustain but am i wrong here?
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

is something to me

yes, becouse i read around how to get the best crit, and with night mother gaze + willows + thief and divines i'm close to 50%
    crits for nb is very important coming out with a stealth attack: it means instant kill on setup with lot of enemies.

but i'm not really into mat. i just try here and there, to see how is going: 5% here and 5% there, at the end you get a nice crit.

Opening out of sneak, you always get the sneak attack modifier, which is always "critical" and you'll get a 350% damage increase (That is vs mobs - I think Zos nerfed Sneak Attack Damage on Players quite a while ago, but Im not sure as I only play PvE). You can say its a guaranteed "super crit". So if you only want a really big opener, you dont have to stack crit.
    ok so if i am relient on a sneaky Khajiit Nightblade (i.e. shadowy disguise, ambush, Surprise attack rotation)
    i should have the shadow?
    currently i have the serpent for stamina regen, thinking im giving myself some sustain but am i wrong here?

If you play a gank build and you're using Shadowy Disguise, the Shadow would be more benefical (I think you're talking about PvP, right?
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    @Jeckll i mostly play PvE but trying to make a well rounded build for all terrains
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jeckll i mostly play PvE but trying to make a well rounded build for all terrains

There is no such thing as a well rounded build that works for PvE and PvP. Both things need different gear, skills, cp setups so trying to make "the one build to master everything" will not work.

For PvE alone, I use a specific setup for solo play, one for 4man groups and a third one for raids.
    That being said, running the serpent in PvE is not really the way to go. Most likely, you want to use the thief. Also Shadowy Disguise and Ambush are usually used in PvP only is there are pretty no reason to stealth or gap close in PvE.

If you want to learn more about my PvE approach, I have a Link to my PvE Guide in my signature but its not updated for Update 13, yet. But its still a lot you can dig into. Just ignore Twice-Born Star basically and the CP suggestion is for 561 CP, still. The rest works very well, still.
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    okay cool thatnks @Jeckll been really searching around and reading everything i can as i come up with my build. I probably wont PvP too much, but as far as my Skills go, Ive been having fun and surviving with the shadowy disguise route. i was going straight dual wield for awhile but as i get closer to CP160, my survivabilty and sustain went down with my stats.

so grinding this way has helped but ill take a read at what you got. thanks
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr