Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I give someone vampirism (the explicit details)?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
1) Can I bite someone RIGHT AFTER acquiring Blood Ritual?
2) Must I bite them at the alter of my making or can I be at any faction alter to GIVE the bite?
3) Must they be at their faction alter to RECEIVE the bite?
4) When the "x feed" appears does that mean I have spotted an uninfected mortal? And if "x feed" does NOT appear does that mean another vamp or ww?
5) Can they be fed on if they are in mid emote animation?
6) How close to the alter must they be? How close must I be?
7) Do I need to be sneaking?
8) Do I have to be behind them?
9) Do we have to be in party?
10) Do we have to NOT be in party together?
11) Will the "x feed" appear even if it cannot yet be used? As in the timer is running still.

Best Answers

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Can I bite someone RIGHT AFTER acquiring Blood Ritual? No, you have to unlock the passive at vamp lvl 6
    2) Must I bite them at the alter of my making or can I be at any faction alter to GIVE the bite? If its a vamp alter it doesn't matter the faction
    3) Must they be at their faction alter to RECEIVE ? No
    4) When the "x feed" appears does that mean I have spotted an uninfected mortal? And if "x feed" does NOT appear does that mean another vamp or ww? For vamp, yes. You have to be in WW form at the alter to give that bite.
    5) Can they be fed on if they are in mid emote animation? never tried.
    6) How close to the alter must they be? How close must I be? fairly close, but don't need to be on top of it
    7) Do I need to be sneaking? no
    8) Do I have to be behind them? no
    9) Do we have to be in party? no
    10) Do we have to NOT be in party together? they can be in your group or a random. doesn't matter
    11) Will the "x feed" appear even if it cannot yet be used? As in the timer is running still? No, it won't
    Answer ✓
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) The answer is yes you get to turn a player for the first time without having a timer attached to the turning. The timer then appears after this. Before tho there is no timer appearing anywhere even right after you put the skill point to the passive Blood Ritual.

4 & 5 & 12 were never answered.

Edited by Jemcrystal on February 10, 2017 4:59AM
    Answer ✓
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12) Do you have to have Settings > Gameplay > Combat > Prevent Attacking Innocents on / off / does not matter?
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) That's what I meant. So can you bite right after it is unlocked? You don't have to wait 7 days to bite them after Blood Ritual is unlocked?

4) I am not asking how to bite a werewolf or how to be a werewolf giving a bite. This is only vampirism I'm discussing. What I want to know is can I tell if they are a werewolf just by pointing my cursor at them and if the "x feed" does not appear then that is a hint the person in front of me might be a werewolf? Or could a bunch of werewolves come to the alter and think they could get vampirism so they stand there waiting to be bit, showing up as bite-able, yet cannot be bit. Effectively trolling a vampire shrine?

5) Animation still no answer.

Well according to the answers I have been given I should have no problem biting people yet my vampire cannot bite anyone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N03CsQnPs4

During this entire vid I am spamming my "x feed" button to no avail. Nothing happens.

Edited by Jemcrystal on February 10, 2017 1:42AM
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I tried it again tonight and it worked. I am never going to know what exactly stopped me from feeding; turning another player. I did disable all my addons this time but I seriously doubt they were to blame. They had nothing to do with game mechanics and were all cosmetic UI junk.

I am not a werewolf never have been. But those with lycanthropy apparently can be carriers of their infection without actually being a werewolf. This could have been the case? I might have been aiming at someone with the lycon disease but not yet fully turned and that gave the "x feed" ?

The other possibility might have just been lagg. I noticed my bank acts screwy of late. I could not sell anything right before I went to work tonight. Some one in chat said something about weird ping.

I actually prayed to Jesus to let my game work. I have another character that could not complete the mage guild quest line do to a glitch that appears in my game only. No one else has a problem finding Valeste but me. Add this vampire problem on to the things that happen to me only and no one else, I was so discouraged I was like ready to quit TESO and go back to playing single player games on Xbone.

Right now I'm so exhausted. Extensive research to try and get this vampire to work right. I feel whord out.

Edited by Jemcrystal on February 10, 2017 5:00AM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Well kids, when a Mommy vampire and a Daddy vampire love each other very much, they*****************
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well kids, when a Mommy vampire and a Daddy vampire love each other very much, they*****************

Haha I literally came here to write that lol
    PC | EU