Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What Skill Is It With The Glowy Small Chest?

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
Something that's been added to the game during my time away is a skill I see players using randomly in which they're crouching over a small open chest with a glow coming from inside.

Can someone tell me what this skill is?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Something that's been added to the game during my time away is a skill I see players using randomly in which they're crouching over a small open chest with a glow coming from inside.

Can someone tell me what this skill is?

I think they are either looking at Crown Store UI or opening the Crown Crate gamble boxes.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually wondered this too. The problem is you can't tell what animation you're doing when you're in a UI screen, so they won't know they're doing it either. :D
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the Crown Store/Crate Animation.

Also, if you get the TIE Emote Addon, you can actually use the emote and not be in the store. The code is shown, I just have not memorized it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Crates had a deck of cards?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    briefcase.gif

Perhaps it's the Pulp Fiction emote.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered about this too for a really long time. Then I found someone using it, told them about the emote and asked what they were doing.

I was a bit worried because it's a pretty random question, but they were fine with it (and had apparently wondered what the shiny crate was too).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Also, if you get the TIE Emote Addon, you can actually use the emote and not be in the store. The code is shown, I just have not memorized it.

isn't it /crownstore ?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

isn't it /crownstore ?

@lordrichter

That is part of it, but there is an obscure number in front of it, something like 247 but I think there are more digits.

If you have the TIE Emote Addon, and you should if you do Emotes a lot, it is the first one listed

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor I dump the emotes every time a new update hits PTS. I just looked, and it should be /crownstore (at least as of 1/24/2017)

I will try it next time I am in the game.

I have no idea if this matters for your addon, but it is the 216th emote in my list of 227. (Some are duplicates)
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor I dump the emotes every time a new update hits PTS. I just looked, and it should be /crownstore (at least as of 1/24/2017)

I will try it next time I am in the game.

I have no idea if this matters for your addon, but it is the 216th emote in my list of 227. (Some are duplicates)

@lordrichter

It may very well be, and the one I see in TIE Emote is just a weird entry or something. The only reason I even notice it is it's the very first one in the Master List. Come to think of it, I have not even fired off that emote that I see, so it might be something else entirely....

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run no addons and happily use the /crownstore emote to pretend my elf is accessing her 'magical summoned storage chest'.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies folks, I've been wondering about this. :)
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I had been wondering the same.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

I think the mystery has been solved, but it created another one.

Tie Emote was recently updated and the Crown Store entry I have talked about is now moved down to the C section like it should be, but a few new ones showed up at the top, with numbers in front. Perhaps this is the Addon Authors way of pointing out new or changed emotes.

The new mystery is how to make the list look normal again.
    Edited by Nestor on February 13, 2017 6:54PM

• Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could also be the Thieve's Guild treasure trove chests
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you open the Crownstore UI, people see you bent over looking in a glowing golden chest.

When you use the Crown Crate UI, people see you holding a deck of cards and flicking through them.

When you use the Champion Point UI, people see you with your eyes close, hand on chest and other hand in the air.

When you use the Map UI, people see you looking a map held at arms length.

When you use the Inventory UI, people see you rummaging around in a Bag if you're not a sub, and a Box of goodies if you're a sub.

When you use the Friends/Guild/Group UI, people see you holding a scroll at arms length.