The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re: Patch Notes-Treasure Map chests not fixed?

Myrrah
Myrrah
✭✭✭
Did i miss it or did this patch not include a fix to paintings not being in the loot table for treasure map chests? I'm sure i remember Gina saying in some thread that they were going to try to include that fix with this patch :( my inventory is overflowing with them!
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to know too!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    + Me... I want to know this as well.
    Playing since beta...
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, inventory is getting filled with these things. Would like to know either way so I don't waste all these shots at cool paintings. Already blew 20 of them when 2.7.4 dropped and found out they were broken.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    I also want to know. Maps need to be used... but we also want those paintings
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in too, I re-read the notes several times hoping to see if these are fixed. I think I have 40+ of these right now hogging my inventory space.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    I need to know too!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well Gena?
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • CadaCosa
    CadaCosa
    ✭✭
    Same as above, I'm curious if treasure chests found from maps will have a chance of dropping paintings, currently they are not.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

can we please get a response as to whether this is being addressed or not?
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also came here this morning to find this out. Will bookmark and await answer @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great. I hope this is fixed before the console release.

My inventory is clogged with them.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has seen at least four threads now on this subject.

This one and many others would perhaps like to know if our art galleries can open on schedule.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prediction: Instead of fixing this they'll tell us that it's working as intended, and deny they ever said differently.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Prediction: Instead of fixing this they'll tell us that it's working as intended, and deny they ever said differently.

Just like how this game breaking writ bug came into launch ?
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one and many others would perhaps like to know if our art galleries can open on schedule.

Lol, so I'm not the only one who is building an art gallery or museum. I've been travelling around looking for paintings, trophies and doing vet pledges and trials to add busts to my (now pretty small) collection.

I still have most of my Collector's Edition maps, they're pretty disappointing so far. It would be nice to have guaranteed paintings or purple motifs and a little higher chance of getting gold items.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The Vedralu family would like to offer Khajiit this painting for the gallery. It's by our family painter a Nord by the name of Notta Lottatimespent. I hope @SantieClaws finds it to their liking.

twjePxn.png

Edited by Turelus on February 13, 2017 3:59PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now 'The Cat House - Contemporary Art for the Modern Khajiit' remains a dream.

This one has only just opened a tavern 'Santie's Grotto' in southern Bangkorai and must make a success of that yes.

Khajiit does not rule it out in the future though yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to clarify, the team is still working on addressing this; there was no fix included in today's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, the team is still working on addressing this; there was no fix included in today's patch.

Thanks for the info Gina, I shall hold onto my collection of maps for now. However I might start demanding housing storage with the others to hold them if I find any more. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lamentations!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for the response :) i'll keep hangin' onto them
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The Vedralu family would like to offer Khajiit this painting for the gallery. It's by our family painter a Nord by the name of Notta Lottatimespent. I hope @SantieClaws finds it to their liking.

twjePxn.png

hahaha! this is awesome. i'd put that in my house ;)
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    lame
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /impatient

Really hoped this would be fixed yesterday. I have an inventory bursting full of maps and I'm itching to go painting hunting. :(
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    /impatient

Really hoped this would be fixed yesterday. I have an inventory bursting full of maps and I'm itching to go painting hunting. :(

yeah-i have not gotten a single painting in spite of having treasure hunter in my cp points and opening at least 50 chests (regular landscape ones. not treasre map ones), not to mention doing nothing but checking containers all day it seems like. while a guildy has gotten 10 paintings. sometimes i hate the rng-lol
    Edited by Myrrah on February 14, 2017 7:12PM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrrah wrote: »
    /impatient

yeah-i have not gotten a single painting in spite of having treasure hunter in my cp points and opening at least 50 chests (regular landscape ones. not treasre map ones), not to mention doing nothing but checking containers all day it seems like. while a guildy has gotten 10 paintings. sometimes i hate the rng-lol

I have the same problem. Lots of landscape chests, no paintings. That's why I'm chomping at the bit for the treasure map glitch to be fixed soon.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly sure what the bug is, but over the last week I've got 2 paintings, both 'bolted' from locked chests, and I've seen two others get paintings too. These have not been from Treasure Map Chests, but ones found out on landscape and public dungeons.

So am I right to assume the bug only applies to paintings not being present on the loot table for Treasure Map Chests?
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure what the bug is, but over the last week I've got 2 paintings, both 'bolted' from locked chests, and I've seen two others get paintings too. These have not been from Treasure Map Chests, but ones found out on landscape and public dungeons.

So am I right to assume the bug only applies to paintings not being present on the loot table for Treasure Map Chests?
    Yes, that's the bug exactly.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

Yes, that's the bug exactly.

Great to know, thank you! :smile:
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

twjePxn.png

This is adorable