Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia Question

schwarzman1
schwarzman1
✭✭✭
I need some clarification.

So once I have have learned the new recipe I will need the aetheric dust and an ambrosia drink as ingredients to craft four potions. To craft more I will need additional aetheric dust and ambrosia drinks.

Is that correct?
PS4 NA AD
PSN: schwarzman1

Best Answer

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add, to learn the new recipe, you need an unlearned Ambrosia Recipe, and the Aetheric Cypher.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• malc303
    malc303
    ✭✭
    is it true that to have a ( very slim ) chance of finding the cipher from overland monsters , and or dust from nodes , you must be carrying an unlearned psjic ambrosia recipe on a character who already has learnt the psjic ambrosia recipe once or is this an urban legend ?
    ie can a character who hasn't learnt the PA recipe but is carrying it still find the cipher/dust ?
    or is this unknown ?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to hear from people who have found the cipher, to answer some of these questions.

I would like to know if the character that found the cipher had previously learned the psijic ambrosia recipe?
    Were they carrying an unlearned psijic ambrosia recipe with them when they found the cipher?
    Did you even have an unlearned recipe, either on you or in the bank?
    Were they high or low level characters, had they leveled their provisioning skill line at all?
    Was it found while they were in a group or flying solo, etc.

I have read in another thread that the cipher is as rare as the Imperial Motif to find (and there are people who have never found that) but we need to know if there are other apparent 'requirements'.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malc303 wrote: »
    is it true that to have a ( very slim ) chance of finding the cipher from overland monsters , and or dust from nodes , you must be carrying an unlearned psjic ambrosia recipe on a character who already has learnt the psjic ambrosia recipe once or is this an urban legend ?
    ie can a character who hasn't learnt the PA recipe but is carrying it still find the cipher/dust ?
    or is this unknown ?

Urban legend. The loot table does not care if you have the recipe or know the recipe or have seen the recipe or anything else. Simple fact, it is the rarest drop in the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true, I farmed for a month enough monster killed to aquire over 25k alkahest, and who knows how many humanoid enemies, on a toon who knew the recipe and carried an unused one with me. Nothing. It's all rng man.
  • zittylolb14_ESO
    A rare drop that nobody talks about....nor does Zenimax give any informtion on were, how, when.

Just in Novermber after everybody complained about how rare it is....they post a one line sentence about increasing the drop rate?....REALLY?

IF that were true why does it still cost millions of gold after 3 months?
    Shame on you Zenimax for making the most Elitist item in any MMO.
    Well lets not mention how crapping EQ leveling and drop rates were....camping for weeks to get one item...Now those were the lamest days ever?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't sweat it, lol. The recipe and dust are being sold for master writ vouchers once update 13 drops. The price of an ambrosia recipe should come down to $200k, which is the approx value of the materials needed to win enough vouchers to buy it (about 2 Nirn gold items)
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Don't sweat it, lol. The recipe and dust are being sold for master writ vouchers once update 13 drops. The price of an ambrosia recipe should come down to $200k, which is the approx value of the materials needed to win enough vouchers to buy it (about 2 Nirn gold items)

Then with the writ ambrosia you will NEED Diminished Aetherial Dust, you can't use any Aetherial Dust. Not to mention that the writ one is only 100% exp boost, not 150%.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I can reasonably see myself getting this recipe is saving up about 3 mil in gold and then buying one from the guild traders. In ETU there are usually a few for sale each week between 2 and 5 mil.

Otherwise blind luck is the only other way to get it. What I would like to know is whether or not the cipher only drops from overland mobs or from delves as well.
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I can reasonably see myself getting this recipe is saving up about 3 mil in gold and then buying one from the guild traders. In ETU there are usually a few for sale each week between 2 and 5 mil.

Otherwise blind luck is the only other way to get it. What I would like to know is whether or not the cipher only drops from overland mobs or from delves as well.

Much better way to get it now is through Master Writs. I feel sorry for those that bought them for 2-3 million.
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you get the recipes from
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where do you get the recipes from

You get Psijic recipe fragments from Provisioning writs, as a rare drop.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A rare drop that nobody talks about....nor does Zenimax give any informtion on were, how, when.

Just in Novermber after everybody complained about how rare it is....they post a one line sentence about increasing the drop rate?....REALLY?

IF that were true why does it still cost millions of gold after 3 months?
    Shame on you Zenimax for making the most Elitist item in any MMO.
    Well lets not mention how crapping EQ leveling and drop rates were....camping for weeks to get one item...Now those were the lamest days ever?

They increased the drop rate because they finally realized, at that time, it apparently was not dropping at all.

After several threads asking if anyone had gotten the drop, and many many replies that no one had, and people had bounties out of over a million gold to buy it from anyone who had one, that message about increasing the drop rate was posted.

Private snarky guess--someone forgot to add it to the drop tables, and it wasn't in the game, thus the hotfix.

Shortly after that, people did post that they found one, or a guildmate had, and you saw people in zone chat offering it for sale, or offering the mythic ambrosia for sale, so they had to have gotten the recipe/other stuff to make it.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a Cipher on a trash mob in Fungal Grotto about 2 weeks ago.
    Edited by Mephisto939 on February 13, 2017 1:51PM
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    It would be nice to hear from people who have found the cipher, to answer some of these questions.

I would like to know if the character that found the cipher had previously learned the psijic ambrosia recipe?
    Were they carrying an unlearned psijic ambrosia recipe with them when they found the cipher?
    Did you even have an unlearned recipe, either on you or in the bank?
    Were they high or low level characters, had they leveled their provisioning skill line at all?
    Was it found while they were in a group or flying solo, etc.

I have read in another thread that the cipher is as rare as the Imperial Motif to find (and there are people who have never found that) but we need to know if there are other apparent 'requirements'.

Yes I had already learned psijic.
    No I wasn't carrying a frag.
    No I had no unlearned recipie.
    It was on a 561. Level 50 provisioner, level 20ish alchemy.
    Found in a 4 man dungeon from trash mob at start of FG.

I have never found an imperial motif, but this made up for it.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!